Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yankee Meadows Reservoir - a little past Cedar City
Yankee Meadows Reservoir is one of the most beautiful spots in the world - really! It's always great to get up there, and this time had my dear old dad in tow, hes vacationing near st george this week . . .

well the wind was gusting 30 mph and we tried to situate ourselves where the wind would be at our backs . . .didnt do much good, no fish there . .dad moved down 20 yards and started nailing them . . first one a 2 lb brook trout! wow what a fish, we'll have pics later. 15 inches, and we weighed him on the digital scale. Then dad caught a 2 lb rainbow! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

I only caught one, dad caught 7 and we got outta there with most of our gear not blowing away. There's a camp host up there this year and the water level is high. Bathrooms are open too! I've attached a state datasheet.

[cool]

sm
[signature]
I cant wait to see the pics. I havent caught any Brookies since leaving Idaho in 1992... Cant wait to see the pics, and what a hog!!! 2lbs!!! congrats all around...
[signature]
Hey what's the hold up on the pics.
[signature]
it was dad's camera, he has to get home to fla,. download the pictures, then e-mail them to me . . . wasnt a brilliant colored fish at all, just a few spots with halos . .

sm
[signature]
heres the pics: [center][Image: dad2.jpg][/center] [center][Image: dad1.jpg][/center] [left]he looks pretty damn good for 70 huh?![/left] [left]thats my dad, im already starting on the hair color[/left] [left][Wink][/left] [left]sm[/left]
[signature]
Red rocks at Yankee? You must of camped down at Vermilion castle campground. Did you fish the little stream that runs through it? It can be fun if you don't mind 6-8" fish. I haven't fished it since last years flood washed everything out.
[signature]
nope, took the pictures when we got back to where he was vacationing, that artist/retirement pueblo community near ivans, my camera had run out of juice at yankee

no didnt fish the stream, wind was vicious, we hung as long as we could

sm
[signature]