Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 6/11
myself and fishcrazy fished willard from 9A - 130P fishing was a little slow landed 4 largest 18" got fish all over the lake E. of the island, W. dike, S. dike, and N. dike got one one a blue back producer, two on a modified white bill lewis rattle trap, and one on a white #10 husky jerk water temp 66* nice day to be out with mild temps a light breeze and hardly any bugs
[signature]
Were the fish you got Walleye or Wipers?
[signature]
DOH all wipers
[signature]
Thanks for the report Chris, I'm going out tomorrow afternoon with my son and test my new fish finder. I hope the evening fishing is better than the morning. Did you see anyone else catching any fish? WH2
[signature]
can't say that i did see any other fish caught talked to one guy who said he talked to other boaters and they were having no luck
[signature]
I also fished Willard on friday. It was sure nice to get a break from all those bugs that are usually out there. We managed around a dozen fish, two walleyes the rest were wipers. The surface fishing got really good right at dark then the wind started blowing about 10:00 and it was all over.
[signature]
Nice report Shane, what area were you fishing? The last couple of times out I haven't got any walleye but the wiper fishing has been great in the evening. Also what lure was working the best for you, thanks. WH2
[signature]
I wish I had one area at Willard that consistantly produces, seems the fish are usually scattered all over. We caught a couple in the southwest corner a few more on the northwest end but mostly we pick them up right out in the middle, for reasons unknown we have better luck far away from the shore and over no structure. I think its just a matter of covering water until you find them, then try to get as many as you can out of that area until they move on.

As far as lures the Chrome rattle trap and shallow shad raps were both doing about equal, with the exception of the eyes, they both came off of the shad raps.
[signature]