Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 12 June 04
Fish Pineview today from 3:30 till 8:00 today. It was a little windy and lots of boat chop the two made for a bad combination, it was hard to stay on point or fishing spots in the main parts of the lake. Fishing for Smallies is hot all you want to catch, size ranged from very small wondering how they got the jig in their mouth to 2.5 lbs. They were fun to catch but it is hard to stay with them when you know there are 50'' Tiger Muskies to be had. No 50''ers today but I did see one 35+. I was moving to fast with the trolling motor changing spots and he saw the boat before I could cast at him and he spooked. I did hook & land one 37+ or so. I did not get a tape on it could find it fast enough before releasing him. Nothing more fun then hooking and releasing a Water Wolf when they do a three foot flip. Heart pounding kick @$$ action its the best!!!
[signature]
Sounds like a good day on the water even if it was a little rough. I'm going muskie fishing tomorrow hope I do as good as you.
[signature]
I am want to go tomorrow also but I don't if I should go after Muskies or Wipers. What do you think??
[signature]
Its a tough decision to make. I usually flip a coin as I'm pulling out of the drive way.[:/]

You will have more space and calmer water at Willard plus a few good battles with the wipers. Pineview has too many boats this time of year but theres the chance of catching a monster plus the scenery is alot better, no bugs and cooler temperature.
[signature]
Very good points for both. But and can't leave it to chance with a coin it must be emotional one. If the wind is low the water won't be as bad as it was today. I love to catch wipers but they bite almost all summer. This is the best time for Muskies and they jump and sometimes very high like today. You only need to catch one to have a good day, two is a great day, I have had better than great days before a few years ago. I think I am going to go to Pineview and chase wolves. Thanks for your thoughts maybe we'll see ya there!!
[signature]
Well I made it to pineview today with One Eyed Jack and Polo Kid, we where unable to hook up with a muskie. We did see a couple and One Eyed Jack had a follow. The wind was'nt too bad but just bad enough to make boat control a challenge. And just like every weekend pineview was a zoo. We did hook up with a few small mouths and after polo and One eyed Jack left I caught a 15" small mouth. Surface temperature was 69 degrees.
[signature]
Nice smallie Mike , to bad the muskie didn't want to play .
[signature]
I went to Pineview yesterday also, I did not see or catch any tigers worked hard casting my arm off it was still pretty fun. Did catch plenty of small mouths when I tried for them and a few while muskie fishing. My son and buddy targeted them I couldn't keep a jig in my hand for long, for wanting to hook a muskie. The wind did kick up at about 2:30 and blew until 5:00. We did find smallies in just about all the places but a few we stopped to fish. Has anybody seen or caught any perch, crappie or bullheads?
[signature]