Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Walleye?
I keep reading about you guys catching walleyes at willard? just 1 question,.. how? are you out in the main lake trolling or are you casting from shor, if your on shore where are you fishing and what are you useing? or where would a good place along shore be to fish? ( can ya tell i dont have a boat)..and what time of day seems best? <br><br>
I can't tell you were to go on shore but I can tell you people are catching walleyes on spinner rigs. We have also been catching a few trolling for Wipers. We have had good success outside of the North marina in around 10 to 18 ft. using spinner rigs. <br><br>
Bottom bouncers and spinner harnesses seem to be the most popular method. If you see a parade of boats all moving about .2 of a mph in a big circle, thats where the walleye fishing is being done. However, I have been catching most just trolling about 2.5 mph using grubs and cranks. The key is to be there early morning or late evening. The bottom bouncing is working through out more of the day. I even caught a little one in the north marina casting for crappie. shore is a tough bet, sometimes even a boat is a tough bet. Heres the real question, why is the walleye fishing so good this year? Most people I am talking to are saying its almost as good as its ever been. Its at least been consistent this year. Is it depleted shad forcing them too seek out food more agressivley? Are the just more walleye as a result of a good brood stock a couple years back? Are more anglers just spending more time fishing for them? <br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.