Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jettie fishing,channel,bay
someone please let me know where i can walk to and fish ? good spot taking kids. no boat ,limit funds just want to get out .[Smile]
[signature]
What area do you live in??? If you are close to Marina Del Rey, they just rebuilt their jetty on the North side of the Marina. 1/2 mile south of Washington Blvd 1/2 block west of the Canal.
[signature]
I live near in Buena Park ,CA . long beah,sealbeach. sunset,newport ,could i catch my own bait ?
[signature]
There are some small Jettys just south of Newport beach. Or you could try from the Newport Beach Pier. You could catch some baitfish from the Pier and use them to trade up in size on other predatorial fish.
[signature]

Hey there detroitredwing,

Welcome to BFT!

The pier is the deal. Kid friendly as there is always something for the little rascals to go sniffing at, messing with, as I remember my childhood.

JapanRon
[signature]
I really don't like pier fishiing . anywhere else you can think of thanks Debbie
[signature]
There is decent fishing all along the beach area there in Newport or even at Huntington Beach. There is alot of costal access there and they also have some small jettys as well.

You can dig up some sand crabs to use as bait. The surf perch love them.
[signature]
[Wink] Thank you very much ...
[signature]
You are most welcome. Please try and catch some fish. We would like a mall report about your trip if you can. Fishy pictures are always welcome too.[cool]
[signature]
You might want to try out around the Queen Mary. There is some decent rock fishing. But as mentioned for live smelt, etc a pier is your best bet with a sabaki rig. If you go out on the pennisula down off 2nd street around Los Alamitos bay down by the Yahct Club you can fish off the Los Al Channel leading into harbor too.
[signature]