Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glendo
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]6/10am – Started the day back in Muddy in the weeds. Spotted an 18 inch eye in the shadows and watched him follow my jig but he would not bite. Grabbed my leech and slip bobber rod, baited it and dipped the offering into the 2 foot deep spot I last saw the eye. Nailed a 16 inch largemouth. Within 10 seconds my partner nailed an 18 inch bass from the back of the boat. Both were very dark, almost black on top unlike a Pueblo bass who look more light green. Finished the Muddy event with a 3 lb. catfish. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]6/10pm – Started trolling the main lake area around Reno Ramp. Bought some of the new Salmo cranks just for giggles and soon after setting that line and board, I was the one giggling. We trolled 4 lines with 4 different lures. The only lure to catch fish was the Salmo. It got us our dinner that night, 4 eaters. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]6/12am – Back in Muddy again and all we could muster was a 4 lb cat on a leech and slip bobber. Once again was frustrated with being able to see walleye in the shallows but not being able to get them to bite. I know, most will say if water is that shallow and clear, there are no walleye around….. bull. Go fish the weeds in Muddy, take a good pair of polarized glasses and watch the shaded side of the weeds, you will occasionally see an eye following your offer or slipping off to deeper water as the boat spooks him. Finished the day with a trolled 13 inch crappie back in Airport and a 17 inch eye from the same area.[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]6/13am - Started trolling around Reno and got a decent 20 incher immediately on the new glass shad raps. Picked up our last 4 fish on home made Rope Weights and leeches around Goose and by Reno. Tip – dunk those rope weights in your favorite fish scent, the rope holds the scent better than a Lindy weight. Should have used that pattern more last weekend as I landed the last 4 fish in about 50 minutes. Not as action packed as Glendo is known to be but still a good time. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[signature]
Right on dude. Sounds like a good time.
[signature]
I had always heard there were bass in there, but you are the first person I know who has found them! I always wondered why they never put smallmouths in also?

Remember that school of big crappies we found at the first Get-together?
[signature]
Where about is this lake located?
[signature]