Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tubing trip what do you think
little early to finalize plans but heres what i got in mind so far

jordanelle reservoir

rock cliff area

when: sat. 7/17/04

i will be there when the gate open at 6 AM if you get there later thats fine i'm sure you will find us on the water

hellsangler asked about a bigfish contest we will do #1 for sure #2 if enough people express intrest

1: i will buy out of my own pocket the person with the biggest fish a BFT t-shirt

2: each throw in 5.00 bucks if you desire but not required this is more about meeting fellow members and having fun

60/40 split between first and second

meet back a a spot to be determined at 1200 PM to see who wins

i will not take part in the t-shirt contest

how to determine the winner: if you are like me and practice C & R and have no way to get your fish to be measured thats fine be sure to bring a tape measure find some one in the group to verivie your catch and let us know when you come in in case of a tie a simple coin toss wins

sound good to you guys ?

any changes or improvements or something else you can think of feel free to sound off

large fish to be detremined by lenght

friendly reminder as required by law bring a PFD and plenty of water it will most likely be a hot one by then
[signature]
It all sounds good so far, I'm willing to toss in a couple bucks towards the biggest fish winner also. But is noon too early?

I invited Tubedude, but he will be unable to attend this outing, but he said he will be with our flotilla in spirit, this time.

I'm bringing 4-5 quarts of salsa and chips for those who want to dip more than just their tube.

And I while I won't be there as early as aquaman, I will be there by 7 AM with uncleray to start filling the raft. (sorry no tube anymore, and the toon is in the works) but I can't pass up meeting my friends from BFT and making new ones. Looking forwards to seeing more on you all on the waters!
[signature]
as far as 12 i was thinking it might be a little early but after roughy six hours on the water i was thinking everyone might be wanting a little break to dip into that salsa your bringing LOL i will most likely head back out after a little break
[signature]
Just a reminder to everyone that any bass over 12 inches must be immediately released so take a digital picture or have a buddy verify the length and quickly release them if you're going to use smallies in the contest. Wouldn't want anyone to win a citation along with their t-shirt.

Wish I could be there for this one, hopefully it'll be so fun everyone will want to do it again in August or Sept.
[signature]
bummer you can't make it kevin ....congrats on your baby
[signature]
Hey thanks aquaman! I'm so excited! This one's a keeper for sure. He'll be a fisherman the minute he learns how to sit up straight! [cool]
[signature]
IF Jordanelle is the place , then maybe it should be a big perch contest and all other fish left out . Perch need to be thinned so it would help the lake . I would also say maybe the first person with 50 perch to win but I have a hard enough time keeping track of my count at 20 . I run out of toes and fingers to count with . LOL Just a thought . Lets just keep it simple . I would hate to see someone trying to find someone to verify a fish and have it die for this .
[signature]
hey randy a big trick i use is drop my shorts and i can then count to 21 LOL

as far hurting the fish getting to someone to measure it let out about 20' of line and "tow" it over to them i pulled that little muskey ( in the fuzzt contest ) about 250 yds for a picture and he swam away just fine when released
[signature]
maybe ill show up with the boat. and run you over chris!!!
[signature]
HA you would have to catch me first wakeless speep remember
[signature]
I didn't see the date listed in this thread. Is it still planned for July 17th?

I'm looking forward to coming.
[signature]
yep 7/17 i'll go add that in thanks
[signature]
Got my calender marked. Thanks, Al
[signature]
wakeless smakeless, since when do i follow the rules if you dont want to get runover just throw kevin in front of you!!!![Tongue]
[signature]
works for me!
[signature]
Chris, I would have to agree with Randy. Good Idea to make it a big Perch Contest. They need to be thinned out a bit. It may even benefit the lake to take out your limit and dump them if they aren't wanted. I don't know if that is a good idea but I sure would like speak to a wildlife management guy and find out.
[signature]
i agree the perch could use a thinning out bit i have no way to keep them, probably wouldn't even if i did we'll figure out for sure what to when we get there but if you think you can win a t-shrit with a perch that remains to be seen
[signature]
Gee thanks guys![Sad] Maybe ill think twice about going!LOL

Ill remember that chris. SEE YA AROUND![pirate][Tongue][sly][laugh][Wink]
[signature]
You think we could head out and get some swimmers itch sometime? I havent heard much about it but would like to give it a shot!
[signature]
maybe after i get one of my gas motors running
[signature]