Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDOW Big Game Draw Results
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else likes to hunt as much as they do fish...If so, they posted the drawing results today and I'm happy to say that I'll be searching for a hunting partner in october....Did anyone else beat the odds?
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] I didn't get my application in this year. I'm still trying to warm my daughter up to the idea that daddy likes to hunt. She's a little (a lot) tender hearted. Now that she's 15 yrs old it's real tough. Naw, she's only 7 but she acts like she's 15 all too often. She kind of accepts the fact that her Grandpa hunts just about everything. Maybe next year I'll get in and draw.

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David
[signature]
[cool]Hey WiNtErKiLLnv, Yeah I beat the odds this year and got an antlered deer tag for unit 101-108 any legal weapon. I'm going to have to schedule some weekends to do some scouting as I have not be up that way.Where did you end up catching a tag for? I'm very interested in what the terrain is like because I would like to use my bow. But I would also like to improve my odds so I'll bring the rifle.
[signature]
Hey BigE, I drew my first choice 231 rifle mule deer antlered tag. Its only 3 hours to Pioche and im in prime hunting territory...Ive hunted with a friend in are 10 before a couple of years ago....Lots of big bucks. we camped on the Ruby Marsh side at the base of the ruby mountains...My friend who had the tag busted his ankle the second day so we came home empty handed but...Take a four wheeler so you can get back in the hills where 4x4s cant go... there is alot of private property surounding the ruby mountains so get permission if you can if not be prepared to put some miles in walking....also you surely could pattern the deer to where they come off the hills to go feed in the marsh at night. set up a tree stand just on the edge of the timber on a heavy used trail, im sure i dont need to tell you any of this, I just thought it wouldnt hurt...Do you have any insight on area 231 its oct 2 thru oct 24......
[signature]
[cool]Hey WiNtErKiLLnv, Thanks for the info. I don't have a 4 wheeler so I'm going to have to use up shoe leather. That area looked like it would be a good place to start as long as I can find the public land. As far as unit 231 goes, I have been to Echo Canyon Res. to fish. I went up the road towards Ursine and saw about 6 or 7 fourpoint racks mounted on the side of a guys outdoor shed. Makes me think that there are some good sized bucks in the area. There is alot of juniper trees dotting the hills and spaced out alfalfa fields which are private property. I was told that the bucks like to bed down under the junipers that are on a ridge or hillside and go to the alfalfa at night. Thats all I learned in a weekend up there. I applied for that unit also but as my second pick. Good luck to you and let me know how you do.
[signature]