Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Tracker
I need advice: I have the opportunity to buy a 1990 Bass Tracker Tounament TX17 in good condition with the normal ameneties for this model with a 10HP motor. Does $2500 seem like a good deal on this?<br><br>
I own a tracker. In my OPINION no deal on a tracker is a good deal. You probably wont have any problems with a small boat like that with a small motor. I would say go get you a lund or a triton possibly a crestliner if you are in the market for a smaller aluminium. I have a 14 ft welded crestliner jon boat for duck hunting, that boat gets some serious abuse and is a great boat. My tracker targa 18 gets taken care of and its a pile of *#^!<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
if the trailer comes with it and the motor is a newer model then you may concider it. a good trailer is worth 500 and a newer 10 horse mercury motor is worth about 1500 so take a look at those and then go from there.<br><br>make sure you look at a dealers motors first. <br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
I have a 99 185 tracker with a 50 merc. Notice merc is in lower case. It is okay but the merc is a cold natured devil and it kinda wants to run aslant to the left. If I could afford to I would get a 16/18 ft Lowe with a 60 Yamaha 4 stroke. You will have speed for its size and a real quiet running motor. but that is just my opinion. Good luck and Good fishin<br><br>
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! Mine runs slanting to the left when on plane too! Mines a 150 though. I also would like to get a new yamaha but mine would be the 150 TRP. Weirdest thing in the world. I cant figure out why, I dont know if its a tracker problem or and engine deal but it is funny.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Okay glad to hear that I am not the only person in the world that has that problem. Now I am not an engineer or a design expert actually I do not know jack about that kinda stuff. But my theory is that since the batterys (3) are on the left side and the gas tank goes from the center to the left, with the far right empty that means that the left weighs more than the right thereby causeing that effect. Now then are there any engineers out there that can give a good explanation in english only no fancey weight differtial or engineer jargon please. Can this be fixed? <br><br>
See, I dont have that problem, gas tank runs right up the middle, battery is in the center on the front and same side as me on the back. Kicker motor gas tank on my side, and the kicker on the opposite side, every thing is pretty even and if anything it should run to the right but it doesnt. Screwy boats.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Now I am going to show how little I know about this motor or rudder of what ever. Where is and what is a fin tab? I would guess that it is on the motor; maybe? Secondly how does one go about adjusting a fin tab. Or is this a dealer only type of adjustment? Would a correctly adjusted fin tab increase top end speed a tad. Thanx for the info though.<br><br>
Sound like you need to adjust your torque tab on your lower unit.<br><br>
Should be a little tab sticking down just above your prop. Loosen it, turn it to the left or right (depending which way your boat pulls) and tighten. Repeat as needed.<br><br><font color=purple><b>The Fisherless Fishermen</font color=purple></b>
Thank You for describing where it is and how to do it.<br> AArron- As far as the boat itself goes it is not a bad boat, other than a slight list to left on plane, which seemingly is more of a problem on how the motor was set up than the boat itself. Everyonce in a while you get a lemon in anything. Knew a fella that had a lemon in a mercadies about 30 years ago. Had to have the motor rebuilt about every 50,000 miles. So am fairly sure that out there somewhere there are folks that have had bad Ranger, Skeeters, Fishers, Lunds etc.<br><br>
Your welcome.<br><br>Yes, My boat is ugly. <font color=purple><b>But its for fishin', not for fashion [Tongue]</font color=purple></b>
Howdy, About the Tracker.... From experience I would go with an all welded boat as wide as possible, for stability. And 17 ft is OK... but a 10 horse power motor I believe will get you in trouble on a large lake. My suggestion is... Look around, their are lots of good used boats out there, and find one thats suits your type of sport and taste... and think about the elements you might get into. A strong healthy motor can get you out of some misery. Go with electric start and a console and deep, wide, and welded.<br><br>
never a truer word was said about that floor thing

I have had to replace the floring of a boat once and my frend it is a major undertainge and even more so if you dont want it to show.

cutting through the fiberglass is hazardous at best and the fums of the rosen is quite disterbing to the nose
[signature]
[Smile] When you choose your boat you should get a motor that is big enough to get you out of trouble should inclement weather show up. But at the same time you also need to be concerned about horse power restricted lakes of which there are several here in Indiana. We also have a lot of state owned and managed lakes that are restricted to electric only, They are restricted to 10 hp or less, so the final decision should be where you fish the most if it is a power restricted lake then get the biggest motor that is legal on that particular lake and then if you should go to a much larger impoundment watch the weather for storms and keep an eye on the wind. The bigger the lake the taller the waves. Personally I like my tracker. Just want a bigger motor but that follows the if I have this I want that rule. If they have it get a four stroke in your motor size and preference.