Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd hand Jordanelle Report
My dad took my two youngest siblings up to Jordanelle yesterday morning just before the rain hit. They really didn't know what they were doing, but my 14 year old sister managed to get 3 or 4 smallmouth off a 3 inch banjo minnow they borrowed from me. My little bro. also hooked a couple with jigs, and my dad caught a couple as well off the banjo.

They hooked a few perch as well, including a 4 inch perch that hit the 3 inch banjo minnow. Talk about biting off more than you can chew!

They were fishing at Rockcliff from a canoe.
[signature]
Do you like those banjo minnows. I've seen the tv spot a couple of times and have been tempted (I wonder if the fish are as temped as I was?). I would trust someone from BFT more than the snake oil tv salesperson... $40 is a lot of coin for plastic....
[signature]
I bought them off the shelf at Walmart about 7 years ago in a kit. Back then it cost 25 or 30 bucks. They definitely work, and they're really cool to watch in the water. They really do look like the real thing.

The thing is they're not a "miracle" lure, they're just a lure. They work, and with the right skill and know how can produce a lot of great fish. But they won't turn a novice into a BASSMASTER CLASSIC pro or anything.

I'd say stick with senko or senko imitations. They cost a lot less and work just as good I think.

I've caught both smallmouth and largemouth on them, and they are fun to use if you don't have anything better to spend the money on.
[signature]
I also got the banjo minnows. They work good but are a hassle to rig, LOL. Those rubber bands (weed guards) always fall off and break when a fish hits. I just stick with Senko imitations but plan on using the banjos for a change of pace.
[signature]