Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E- lake report 6-18
went up to E-lake today with my boy Tommy we had a great time catching cutt's.. and got a start on refilling my minnow suply got about 200 minnows in the traps today and some real big ones to.. it's a good thing to becaus thats what the cutt's were hitting on all day we cought about 15 to 20 cutt's and missed a bunch more.. great day fishing with my boy!!

dude on fish?
[signature]
Sound like there was no better time to be had. congradulations! Al
[signature]
Hey ron did you use some of those humongous minnows to catch the cutts?I was there 2 weeks ago and man were those minnows huge!Glad you guys got into a bunch of fish.
[signature]
yeah the humongous minnows i'm saveing for fish lake ice fishing.. i had one that got it's head stuck in the hole of the trap!! it's about 7" long and fat as all get out.. i got alot that were 3" to 4" that should do very nicely for ice fishing this next year.. we did try one of the big minnow there today but could not hook the fish with it..got bit alot but no hook up so went back to the smaller one and started hooking up again..

dude on fish?
[signature]
Very nice fuzzy. Those minnows will surely come in handy when hard water takes over the ponds. Do you do well with them through the ice at e-lake?
[signature]
yeah i do catch some at E-lake on the minnows on hard water.. but a worm and ice fly works just as good on e-lake ice fishing.. so i save the minnows for some place where there might be bigger fish..

dude on fish?
[signature]
[cool]Any day fishin' with the kid is a great day fuzzy, but I was wondering if you got any big ones over 20 inches or so? I can't wait to get up there and huninton next month when we go camping at my wife's familie's property in farview canyon!! That's gonna rock!
[signature]
Just curious as to what kind of minnows those are in there?

FM
[signature]
I was up there last week, and although I didn't catch any, they looked like red sided shiners.
[signature]
Just wondering if someone knew for sure.

FM
[signature]
hey buddy i'm 100% sure they are red side shiners..

and they get very fat in that lake..

dude on fish?
[signature]