Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Report 6/17/2004
Fished Jordanelle last Thursday the 17th. Got on the water around 5:00 PM and fished until dark. Water temp was 61 with a light breeze. Caught several nice fish on plastics and one real HOG. Even picked up a couple on top water lures right before dark. Nails I looked for you up there, but it sounds like you hit it on Friday.
[signature]
Wow! Nice fish. We didn't make it up until Friday morning. We had a nice day other than the wind. Those are toads for sure. Seems like the bigger fish like the bigger baits too, and it keeps the perch more in check as well. Again, congrats and I will look for you when I am up there. Nails
[signature]
[red][size 3]Nice fish! You could fish all week before you picked up something like that at the Gorge. I'm heading to Jordanelle for a few days the first of next week, any suggestions? Thanx! [/size][/red]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hi there prov17, man that is one nice smallie you got there.What exactly did you use to catch it.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I agree, the Gorge doesnt produce smallies near the size of Jordanelle's bronze backs. Last week a lot of fish were caught in shallow water with a gradual sloping bottom, they may have moved back to deeper water by now. Look for areas of broken rock along the shoreline that extends below the waters surface, cast a jig in close to the shoreline and slowly work it back out to deeper water. You will catch a lot of small ones as soon as the jig hits the water the bigger fish will generally come in deeper water. Use a large tube or senko, 4 to 6 inches to keep those devil spawn perch off your line.

Have a great trip.
[signature]