Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banner Year For North Dakota Walleyes And Pike
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]BISMARCK, ND—North Dakota waters are poised to receive a bumper crop of walleye and northern pike fingerlings as the result of an excellent egg collection season, according to state Game & Fish Department personnel. [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]The eggs have been hatched, grown to fingerling size and will be stocked statewide through June, says Jerry Weigel, fisheries production and development section leader.[/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]Fisheries crews collected 16 million pike and 33 million walleye eggs during the spring spawning operation. "We had a very good spring, with good-quality eggs," he says. [/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
Hopefully that will boost the walleye fishing in the next few years in some of the lakes that are slow.
[signature]
Give it time, it definitely works!!! Here in PA. there are certain places where fingerlings are stocked and have been stocked. Depending on predation of larger fish and good weather patterns you could see remarkable combacks in certain lakes. Trust me I've seen it work. Lakelurker from PA.[Smile]
[signature]
I heard when the game and fish were netting the pike to get the eggs, they netted a new state record pike. The currents state record is 48lbs somthing. It said that they netted it in some lake in central north dakota[cool]
[signature]
thats interesting, let me know if you get anymore info[Smile]
[signature]