Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snook Fishing @ St. Lucie Inlet
Today I took a busman's holiday and traveled to Stuart, Florida to do some snook fishing at St. Lucie Inlet. I fished with Jim Lefevre who is one of my regular winter time tarpon clients as well as a great friend. During the summer, his passion is snook fishing. We launched his 18' Sea Strike boat at the public ramp at Sand Sprit Park. From there, it is a short run to the sea buoy where we caught pilchards, herring (greenies), sardines, and cigar minnows. Back to the Inlet where catching and releasing snook began. We ran out of bait and went back to catch more at the sea buoy. By now the tide was coming in and we anchored at a point where the bait washed around a corner with the tide. Most of the baits never made it. We finished the morning releasing 21 snook in the 4 - 15 pound range, 1 jack crevalle, 1 nurse shark 3' long, and missed the hook up on about another dozen snook. We've planned another trip for next Monday, weather and my schedule permitting. For those who have never tried this type of snook fishing (strictly catch and release as snook season is closed), it is well worth the drive. Fish with someone who has local knowledge or hire a guide. It will be a trip you will not soon forget and you'll probably want to go again and again.<br><br>Captain Dave Kostyo<br>Knot Nancy Fishing Charters<br>305 620-5896 Charter<br>305 732-2628 Beeper<br>www.rnfl.com/knotnancy<br>nkostyo@bellsouth.net<br><br>