Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just returned from Black Lake NY
We just returned from a fantastic stay at Blake Lake We stayed at Mclear's camping and cabins. Mel and Janet are super hosts. Plenty of dock space for boats gas and bait available right there. They will also have their new store openned up the coming weekend. The weather was fine with a few days of rough water still the fishing was great. Crappie Perch Blue gills walleye cat fish bass and pike was the order. I took picture of my fish and will be posting them on the sixteen species contest board soon. Wallleye's are coming back strong with plenty of fish over 24" long being taken, I did see a 30" taken as well. Water temp. averaged in the mid. 70s and is stained but when using the Aqua-vu camera visability on the bottom was excellent. We used mostly light tackle for the crappie and other pan fish but also managed to land 24" cat fish on the 4 lb. test as well. I used heavier med. action poles and 8lb. test line to land the walleye which were caught during a drift using a dixie spinner tiped with night crawlers. Lots of fun.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures! I'm going to Alexandria Bay this weekend for some fishing in the river. We won't catch many, but we'll have fun I know.
[signature]
[Smile]sound like ya had good time. hey are there any salmon in thre too?? wheres it located?? anywheres near pulaski or altmar?? was just wonderin fer this fall when we come over again.[Smile]
[signature]
Black Lake is located north of Polaski about one hours drive or so. No it doesnot have a salmon population. Largest fish that I know of taken from the lake is Muskie. It is a great panfish lake and Bass lake I've heard it is great for bass in the fall.
[signature]
[Smile]that,s cool. hope ya had fun, magine! anytime fishin is fer whatever! haha well if we git a day we,re not salmon fishin, maybe we can take a trip over and fish it. i like the bass. that sounds good. cant say i,ve fishied fer --- this year yet. haha been doin the goin thing constantly haha been tryin to talk my son into fishin instead of doin weddin stuff but right now he has to do that. haha i keep tellin him i,m gonna wear my farmer britches, to his. ahha his fiance dont like that much hahaha cliff just laughs haha i wont to his but i,m gonna at mine! haha later have fun fishin. i am goin shortly. i,mn gittin bitchy! haha later mare and that ain,t good! haha [Smile][laugh][laugh]
[signature]