Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek 6/22/04
Me and my cousin form Jacksonville Florida fished S.C. Tuesday. It was his old stomping grounds when he was attending BYU and working at Anglers Inn in Orem. We fished there together many times from his boat trolling Rapalas close to shore. BUt never caught anything together over 21". We went up yesterday with the intention of float tubing but I forgot the second pair of waders for Adam. So we fished from shore. I went to the docks to catch some minnows. I had to replace my old 8' casting net because I thrashed it at Utah Lake. Anyway, all Sportsmans had was a cheap 6' net. What a mistake. Although I still caught tons of minnows, (way too many chubs) the smaller net was much lighter and sank too slow, not to mention the smaller radius really sucks.

We fished from shore from 8am to 3pm and caught and released over thirty Cutts from 18 to 26", (four over 22"). Adam hooked and lost one that was over 30", twice... It threw the hook once and took the bait again and Adam missed it when he tried to set the hook. He pulled the bait right out of its mouth. Adam also caught a huge 26", 7# rainbow. I had to keep a 23" Cutt that was hooked deep and wouldn't revive, so we'll BBQ him up tonight and make sushi out of the Rainbow.

I took some pics of the fish with my digital, but my software won't let me download them. so I will do it at a later date. If all else fails, I took some backups with my 35mm that I will post.

Slayerace
[signature]
Awesome report. I'll be up that way next weekend, and hopefully I'll have good results too.

Thanks.
[signature]
Man that is great! What a great day up there. Thanks for the report, and good luck on your next trip up.
[signature]
Randy,

That is some mighty fine fishing for any place. Did you catch them on minnows?
[signature]
Wow![shocked] What an awesome day on the lake![cool] I'm sure one of these long time experts on the board could help you with downloading those impressive pictures onto your post! I can't wait to see those pics! I've gotta get up there to the 'berry. Haven't been up there since ice fishing season.
[signature]
Nice report, so, where is a good place to fish from shore at soldier creek?
[signature]
Fishnfrenzy,

The best place to fish from shore with the easiest access is the west shoreline. Anyone else have a better spot?

Slayerace
[signature]
Yea!! I fish the east shoreline down by the dam! its alittle steep in some places but well worth it, no crowds over their and usually lots of action! I use rapalas usually and do pretty good.
[signature]