Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
night lights
On another subject, what is the preference for a night light? The Coleman propane lantern? Battery operated? White gas? Flashlight? Truck headlights? Moon light?<br> I presently have a Coleman propane lantern and a battery one for backup. Both work very well for its intended use. I'd use an electric light if I had 40 miles of extention cord but don't. Liquid fuel is definately out here in Colorado (high fire danger and all). Too bad someone hasn't thought of using an anti-bug lamp, like the yellow light bulbs advertised as driving the bugs away. For now, white is the only color they comes in and that attracts bugs like a car accident attracts lawyers or soft money draws politicians. A sorry to all the lawyers on this site. If you fish, then you can't be all bad.<br>I was wondering if chemical lights would work? What do you think?<br><br>
John I live in Texas and we do lots of night fishing for catfish. We use our propane coleman lantern and we purchased a no bug globe which is an amber colored globe it doesnt attract bugs works great. We have it in the boat with us and it gives us plenty of light but no bugs and no glare. Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy
Wherebouts in Texas, Rawpaw? I was born and raised in Waco. I'll be heading back that way next week, to drive my granddaughter home. I plan on hitting a few fishing barges to take pictures and ask questions for a magazine article I'm working on. I know about Belton and the one near Grapevine but am looking for a few more close to Waco, north to Dallas and beyond.<br> Texas seems, so far, to be the only state with fishing barges. Nebraska DOW didn't know what I was talking about. Kansas, New Mexico and Arizona prefer piers and Colorado doesn't have a single one. Strange.<br> Back to lights. I was just curious as I haven't seen a liquid fuel lantern in a while. Propane seems to the one of choice now, with battery coming in a close second. With the advances in battery technology, they are advertised to last 6-8 hours.<br> I personally don't think anything can beat a night out on the lake, or river, with good friends, good conversation, a cold 24-pack with the catfish biting.<br><br>
John we live in East Texas about 30 miles south of Tyler fish mainy Texas State Park Lakes. We dont catch monsters from 2 pounders to eight pounder channel cat we fish with night crawlers and catalpa worms. We usualy drift fish till dark then fish in a cove at the mouth getting them when they come in to chow down. That amber globe on our lantern really works good we also put sheets of fabric softner in our shirt pockets and belt loops that help keep skeeters away. What magizine article are you working on? I grew up in Illinois and even back then in early fifties as kids we used to fish the Rock River in Rockford Illinois at night for cats with bells on our poles we had no lanterns just a flashlight. Everyone raves about bass but I think that catfish are cool and have their own personality. Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy
I know where Tyler is. Worked on a hospital there in my younger days when just starting out as an electrician. Didn't do much fishing then, too busy chasing the nurses aides.<br><br>