Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 6-24
I went to Jordanelle last night after work for a couple of hours.. The wind was howling, a few rain drops here and there, but the smallie fishing was hot.. I fished up in the north end, just hopping from point to point and beat the fish up pretty good chucking blades. I actually caught a nice 2.5lb fish on my first cast and thought I was going to be jinxed for the night, but managed to catch about 15 in 3hrs with the biggest being just over 19" and a bit over 4lbs, and a couple really fat fish at 16" and probably right at 3lbs with the rest all between 12"-15".

I did see a couple BIG fish chasing the blades & jerkbaits to the boat, but they were more just following than chasing... The fish were all very shallow, all caught in less than 5' of water, and the water temp was 66 degrees if you were wondering....

My buddy fished senkos, and managed a few decent fish, but the perch are so pesky that fishing plastics gets old quick, if you've been there, you know ALL about it... We also fished topwater for about 45 minutes right at dark, but had no takers...
[signature]
Wednesday I had a little luck with blades myself, and the fish were hammering them when they hit. The wind just put a nice little chop on the water. Fished today (6-25-04) and had more fish, but only had follows on the blades, no takers. We stuck a couple of toads though and had a great outing. The fish are on the banks for sure, and senkos, grubs, and tubes were the ticket for us. Still no topwater action. Nails
[signature]
[red][size 3]Thanx for the news, I'll be up there chasing 'em for a few days next week. Keep me posted on whats working! [/size][/red]
[signature]
I know I'm sounding like a novice here, but what do you mean by "blades"? Just curious as to what you were using Viper, that is if you feel like sharing.

Thanks,

PF
[signature]
spinner baits are blades. Nails
[signature]