Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead Report
Went out Thursday night and fished overnight. Variable Wind direction, but swell out of the SE. SE wind till 3:00AM then changed to NE wind and calmed to glassy at sunrise. Tube plastic pattern held up, but all the fish were small - less than 13".

Got into those small stripers I graphed couple days ago and had some fun about 5:00 AM ripping a swimbait across the flats. I reeled as fast as I could and they belted it. After 4 fish my swimbait was looking ragged. So went back to fishing for bass. Biggest bass today was on hump out in the middle of the lake about 10:30 AM - classic summer pattern. Not a lotta fun hanging in the channel with all the boats, but fish didn't seem to mind.
[signature]
thanks for the report - hold on they'll be boiling soon!

sm
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic Sans MS"]Thanks for the report, when you say they "belted it" were they taking them and running or were just hitting them with their tails? Also what color of swimbaits did you try? [/font][/size]

[size 2][font "comic Sans MS"][font "Verdana"][size 1][size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/size][/font][/font][/size]
[signature]
They were biting the swimbait aggresively and running hard. Fishing the small AA shad - find them at WalMart.

Fished Mojave last Saturday and same thing happened early in the morning, except they wanted the swimbait to flutter down.

Found using the 3/8 oz. jig heads you get loose at Laker Plaza got more bites than the AA jigheads.
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"]Thanks for the swimbait info. [/font][/size]

[size 2][font "comic sans ms"][font "Verdana"][size 1][size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David[/size][/font]
[/font][/size]
[signature]