Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge: 6/23 to 6/25/04
Ok, here's my report; Took the grandson to the Confluence of the Gorge and had a great time and great fishing. No pictures, may post if I get em developed soon enough. Fished mostly from the shore. Let the grandson try out the float tube but had the best success from shore. Used a variety of small plastics (pulse worms, curly tails, meatheads) on 1/32 and 1/16 oz. jigs. They seem to like the darker colors best. 60% of the fish kept had eggs in various stages of ripeness. Day time temperatures were about 80 deg. and nice except for a little wind and showers one evening. Water temperature was 71 degrees, mid day in the bays. Warms up quicker in the northern part of the Gorge. Size weren't big but decent, most ranging from 10 1/2 to 12 in. and several fro 13-15 1/2 which were especially fun. I've consistently noticed one good indicator of smallie spawn. Every time I've seen the carp in the shallows spawning, etc. the smallies were active in the shallows. Any comments? We were visited by the field mice in our tent trailer and probably brought them home with me again.[shocked] Ran out of propane for my tent trailer (forgot to fill) and had to use a camp fire for cooking but actually my grandson enjoyed that even more. He hasn't been a big fish eater in the past, but he said they sure tasted good and now wants more fish meals. LOL [Smile]Leaky
Sounds like a great trip leaky. Pretty cool about your grandson changing his mind on the taste of fish. Thanks for the report, and good luck on your next trip out.
[signature]