Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A disastrous ending
[Sad][#800000][size 2]I posted this response on the FMB. Thought that it merited a post in hopes that it might save someone from the same faithful ending.[/size][/#800000]

[#ff0000][size 2]Back in the 70s I had a young salesman who loved fishing. Early one morning [rather foggy weather] as he proceeded to fill his boat tank with gas, the fumes hanging close to the ground drifted into his partically opened garage door and reached the gas hot water heater. Bang and with that the flash back blew up the boat and killed my friend. Ever since then I never, ever fill my lawn mower or other gas operated machines near my open garage door. Please practice safety first![/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Such a Sad story. Sorry to hear about what happened. Definitely something to keep in mind.
[signature]
that is so true, you can never be to safe, and there is no sence in tempting fate with carelessness.

every one please remember to allow your small engines time to cool off before refuling. hot motors can flame up on you in an instant.

remember that if you have to hurry to get there then it is usualy not worth the trip. prepare early (the day before if at all posible) leave with more than enough time to get there.
[signature]
I saw a video clip on a guy refueling his airplane using a PLASTIC gas can. The conclusion to the disaster was the plastic container.
I saw this clip on the FAA website but cant remember the link...
Anyway, I guess plastic attracts static charges and goes CA BANG!. Metal containers are safer but you still need to be out in the open air..

Steve W
[signature]