Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 19th through 22nd
[size 2]Again it was a 2 tent situation. Saturday the rain was an off and on ordeal and it seemed like we spent more time ducking the wind and rain than fishing from the tube although many attempts were made. Sunday was another wet day witch ended in big winds, rain and hail. It blew so hard just before dark it snapped a fiber glass tent pole but a roll of electrical tape did the fix.

Monday morning was perfect and finally the fish seemed willing to bite although not from the tube. Scope many Macks (scattered in bottom depths of 40 to 70 foot) as well as Kokes from about 25 to 35 foot deep but nothing was willing to play. By the afternoon I noticed the smallies were moving back into the shallows so I played with small males for the most part. The day ended with a few smallie caught along with a few eater bow's taken from the shore. Tuesday was just as pretty a day as Monday weather wize but we spent the day on shore playing with bow's. My largest caught was 21".

The only two mack of decent size I heard of caught came out of Swim beach. A couple guys camping near us boated an 18# while trolling and another one was caught by a group jigging.

The fishing seemed a bit slow because of the storms rolling through but all-n-all, it was peaceful and quiet compared to a weekend at home, and that made the weekend perfect. [/size]
[signature]
hey good job looks like you guys did pretty will last time i went to flaming gorge was last year i caught some nice macs biggest was 27 lbs it was a fighter well congrats
[signature]