Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Michigan Perch Season Opens
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]MILWAUKEE, WI —The yellow perch season recently opened on Wisconsin's Lake Michigan and tributary waters, with a daily bag of five fish and no minimum length limit. [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]The season has been closed for all of May and half of June since 2002 to limit the harvest of sexually mature females just before spawning, when they're found in the near shore and are most vulnerable to harvest. [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]Department of Natural Resources spawning assessments show the regulations protect the spawning yellow perch. Netting conducted from 1984 through 2004 reflect that spawning typically begins as early as May 27, peaks during the first week in June, and is largely done by June 15. [/size][/#000000][/font]

[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000][size 2]For more information contact: Brad Eggold, (414) 382-7921 or Bill Horns: (608) 266-8782. [/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
this is an interesting artical in the michigan has been blaiming the cormorant for low populations of yellow perch. yet michigan has no closed season on them on inland or great lakes waters.
[signature]
So Wisconsin is trying to enhance the population while Michigan does nothing? Hmmm. Very interesting.
[signature]
I wouldnt say michigan dose nothing, michigan does plant bunches of perch every year. granted thay cant plant every body of water every year but they do get around to the major bodies and lakes with public access.
[signature]
Oh good. From the complaints about the MI DNR that I read last year, I was kinda wondering.
[signature]
I do complain alot,

mostly I complain that Ex governer ingler had taken an elected by the people position and turned it in to his apointed pet pupet position.

but yes it is true that michigan could do better in if natural resorce efforts. they allow freight to come in from over seas with out going through quarenteen. and low and behold we have uncontrollable pest and deseases that dont belong here.

we have local munisipalities that allow the constant release of toxic waist in to storm sewers. just last year we had 4 dumpings that ran in to millions each for clean ups yet they cant find who dumped the materials. even tho these are controlled materials and corps have to account for all of its waist.

detroit officials stated they could not find the culprets because no one stepped up and offered a million dollars to catch them.... and what gets me the most is that these are the people who step up and say take pride in your community and dont enforce pride for thier community.

perps will always be perps. it is everyone responcibilty to step up and keep your corner clean.

I dont hear any thing about Wisconson but when I lived in indiana officals there stated that the southern end of lake michigan was like a toxic soup. that was near 40 years ago. I dont know what it is like there now nor do I hear any local reports from there any more....
[signature]