Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LADIES AND FISHING
[font "Arial"][size 4]LADIES AND FISHING[/size][size 5] [/size][/font] [left][size 3]Earlier this year I did a radio interview with Bob Murray of Delaware Valley Outdoors. A question that he asked me keeps burning in my head…. "What would you say to women about fishing?" I have some thoughts on that….[/size][/left] [left][size 3]Why Should I Fish?[/size][/left] [left][size 3]..... it's called, memories.[/size][/left] [left][size 3][Image: 018239.jpg]Do you go tanning?[/size][/left] [left][size 3]For the ladies… do you go tanning or lay out in the sun? You can achieve quite a suntan while fishing, and you are being active while doing it, if you chose. Speaking of active, fishing can be great exercise, especially when using two fishing rods. I set mine a distance apart and then wait in the middle. If the fish are active, I am constantly running between the two rods to bring in the fish or re-bait the hook[/size][/left] [left][size 3]If I am fishing with lures, I move up and down the bank, or circle the whole pond if possible. I just can’t sit still when lure fishing.[/size][/left] [left][size 3]Then there is wading, there isn’t too much exercise that compares to walking upstream in a creek that comes to your knees. And the scenery is beautiful! You can’t get THAT in a tanning booth unless you fall asleep and dream it.[/size][/left] [left][size 3][/size][/left] [left][size 3]Do you get your fingernails manicured?[/size][/left] [left][Image: 017892t.jpg][/left] [left][size 3]I do, and I still fish. OK, I used to get them manicured, but finances have taken that luxury away from me at the time. I do miss it… it sure made tying knots easier, believe it or not! And when they got dirty, you’d be SURPRISED what a fingernail brush can remove. You can also wear gloves to fish in as well. So, nope, manicured fingernails hold no water as an excuse for me![/size][/left] [left][size 3]Ewwww….. live bait????[/size][/left] [left][size 3]Live bait is only one option to fishing. There are millions of lures to chose from. You do not have to use live bait. BUT, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it![/size][/left] [left][size 3]I don’t have TIME to go fishing[/size][/left] [left][size 3]OK, this one I can relate to, but you need to make time. Take your kids; go with your husband. Pack a lunch and make an afternoon of it while the kids are out of school.[/size][/left] [left][size 3]Research on the Internet the basics of fishing. Learn how to tie a fishing knot…. (I have a link to a great site just to the right of this column) You can fish for carp and bluegills using corn… it’s next best thing to live bait. Bass and trout will even eat sweet corn from the can. And the beautiful thing about that is they don’t care if it’s name brand or the cheap chewy stuff. I prefer to use the cheap chewy kernels because they stay on the hook better![/size][/left] [left][size 3]C’mon ladies, give it a try, fish with your kids, fish with your husbands. Try corn.[/size][/left][size 2] [left][size 3]Corn doesn’t wiggle. Your husband’s will surely help you unhook a fish[/size]![/left][/size][url "http://www.delawarevalleyoutdoors.com/FisherMOM.htm"][/url]
[signature]
thanks susan interesting reading will have to have the wife read this for sure
[signature]
[size 3]Thanks Chris. [/size]

[size 3]As soon as this article came out, I heard from 2 female anglers, via email, who LOVED it! I have never had such a quick response before. [/size]
[signature]
Well written and might I add varry convincing as well.

some one would do well if they grabbed you and placed you in a booth fishing show or behind a sporting goods counter during the holidays. you would make 2 sales for the effort of one. All them women buying gifts for their spouces would have to gear them selves up as well so they could partake in the adventures they've been missing out on.
[signature]
I'm going to have my wife read this, she asks me why I like fishing so much and I cannot explain it to her. Maybe your article can.
[signature]
What a great read. I too must get the wife to read this. Thank you..
[signature]
Good job there FisherMOM. I wish that I could get my wife interested in fishing. She almost took it up a couple of times but just didn't like getting up early in the morning.

I didn't want her to think that there is only early morning fishing so I invited her on an afternoon trip as well. She just wouldn't bite. I will keep trying though. I will definitely show her you good works.

Thanks for the inspiration and Happy Fishing.[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Hey now i can tell my wife some of the advantages of fishing ![sly]
[signature]