Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado River
Used my day off yesterday to drive up to Kremmling and fish the Colorado along the stretch under the Williams Fork River. I had intended to fish Williams Fork Res. also for pike, but afternoon thunderstorms kept me down in the valley.

Caught lots of trout, but few big ones. Did catch one nice brown on a Stonefly nymph, but the rest were under 16 inchs. Still it was a nice relaxing day.
[signature]
Hello NealCo,

Can't thin of a better way to spend a day!

I'm headed out to Colorado next month and appreciate the reports. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about fishing in Colorado before I get out there!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
The Angler, where do you plan on fishing, some of us might be able to help out.
[signature]
You will be close to my favorite playground! 60 miles to the west of you will be 11-Mile and Spinney Res. These two have huge trout, Pike and Kokanee Salmon. 11-mile is a tough nut to crack, but worth the effort. A large part of the South Platte river system is availbale if you like to fish rivers? All of this is an hour or less from the Springs!

You will also have Pueblo res 45 miles to the south of you. It has walleye, wipers and bass.
[signature]
Don't forget the usually great walleye fishing at Chatfield one hour to the north of the Springs. Of course, you have to deal with a few water skiers. LOL[Tongue]
[signature]
Hello Guys,

I love it, keep the info coming!

Oats, I really don't have any plans where to fish because the only place I have been to Colorado in the past is Durango (my brother used to live there) and we're moving to Clorado Springs so I am looking forward to checking out all the spots!

DonInDenver has been kind enough to extend an offer to show me some spots when I get settled there so I am going to take him up on that. Perhaps we could plan a BFT fishing get together when I get settled. Anyone up for it?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Let's do it. A BFT Get Together at Glendo Reservoir the weekend of August 14 - 15. We'll meet and camp at the shelter area just the other side of the Whisky Gulch ramp.[Wink] LOL
[signature]
I think I would be able to pull that off, I should be out of the weeds (settled in) by then. What would we be fishing for?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Walleyes
[signature]
YeeeHaaa, Sounds good to me! I made a bit of an error though, I will be in Pismo Beach, Ca that weekend. How about the weekend after?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Actually it was a joke. Poking fun at Neal and these guys as they are having a get-together there that weekend. They don't allow me to go anymore cuz I out fish them every time [cool]: [size 2]

Sent on behalf od Scott Golden and Walleye Central.

Eric,

Enough is enough.

You are NOT WELCOME AT THIS WEBSITE ANY MORE!

You are not welcome at the Get Togethers.. you have distanced yourself from

this website and it's users with your actions and comments on the message

boards.

You are not wanted here... and any comments, emails... anything at all...

will be forwarded to the Colorado Walleye Association so they can see the

type of person they have as a "Director".

You lack integrity, you are abrasive, you are rude and you are not welcome

here anymore.

I have warned you repeatedly... I will not warn you again.

If you persist to bother, irritate, and harass the members of this website

I will begin legal proceedings against you in civil court.

If you doubt me... give me a try!

Consider this as LEGAL AND BINDING.... you are not to post messages or

reply to messages on this website from this day forward.

I will put IP tracking on your known IP addresses and any attempt so post

under a pseudo name will be tracked and recorded for use in any civil suits

brought against you.

This is NOT a warning,,,,, treat this exactly as it's meant.

Scott

<*}}}}}>< <*}}}}}>< <*}}}}}><

http://www.walleyecentral.com

http://www.muskiecentral.com

><}}}}}*> ><}}}}}*> ><}}}}}*>

Scott Golden

scott@walleyecentral.com

970.482.0751 (after dark)

Fax: 970.221.9305[/size]
[signature]
I think a BFT get together sounds terrific, but I can't do it the weekend of August 14-15. I'm moving my office that weekend. I do have lots of time in September and October, though.
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]OOP's, I saw the LOL in your post and thought I might be walking into something there? I was thinking the spot you suggested didn't exist and you were going to see how long it took me to figure it out or something. Ouch, on the letter, what did you do to set him off. Is the letter legit? [/size]

[size 1]Don, that sounds great! I am up for either month? With you knowing the fishing there I'll check to you, whatever dates you think will be best for fishing and species. I'll bring the BFT shwaaag. [/size][/size]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
September would probably be a better bite a bit cooler. If Glendo has water, maybe we should all meet there.

I didn't do anything except post some stupid stuff in self defense. As you can tell or can't, half of that letter is in accurate about who I am and what I do. So far, it's been the closest to a Darwin award I've ever been involved in.[Wink] Don't hold it against me though. LOL
[signature]
Very funny Eric!

Just make sure everyone here on BFT knows I had nothing to do with barring you from the Walleye Central Get-together! I organize the get-together every year, but do not own WC. As far as I am concerned, you are still invited.

I would like to meet everyone on this board also! I really like the multi specie emphasis of this board. If it swims and fights back, I like to fish for it! I have found that most people who call trout (slimers) usually aren't very skilled at catching them!
[signature]
I know it wasn't you Neal. Hell, you thought the stuff was funny too.[sly]

Sounds like everyone I know isn't going anyways except for you.

I'm not crushed as I wasn't planning to attend this year anyways. I will be at Pathfinder or Seminole that week anyways. I'm just not into drama so no reason to give Brian (who really wrote it) the pleasure of getting excited over something. Plus I'd hate to beat a drunks face in when were supposed to be having fun.[mad]
[signature]
I think the state of Wyoming is big enough for you and Brian to coexist! LOL.

How many years now have I been telling you about Pathfinder?
[signature]
Ahhhhh! They followed me to BFT! Did my post just magically dissappear?

I know I know. Got to Pathfinder. What will I be fishing for at Pathfinder?
[signature]
September works for me! It will give me a couple months of exploring the Colorado Waters before the get together!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Pathfinder is huge when full. 26,000 acres when full. I love the canyon part of the lake that leads to the inlet. When you find fish they are usually on the shady side of the canyon, usually hanging around rock slides.

You never know what may hit your Shad Rap? Could be a big bow, brown, cutt or walleye?

Or it could be a Ohrid? An ohrid is an Yugaslavian Brown trout, which is native to lake Ohrid. In the 70s the Wyoming DOW traded the Republic of Yugaslavia some Bighorns for these fish. Pathfinder s the only lake in North America where they exist. They make up a small part of the overall fish population, but if you find them, they run in schools. They are eating machines and lake spawners. They are also very powerful!

They have big heads and large silver dollar sized red spots on their sides. They are both beutiful and very unique looking.

My biggset trout ever was a big German Brown hen filled with eggs I caught there just in front of the inlet. It spooled my leadcore rig to the spool on one run (10 colors and 75 yards of dacron backing). I left my camara back at the bunkhouse, so I had to let it go without a picture[Sad]
[signature]