Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorized tube?????
[cool][#008080][size 2]For those individuals that are looking for some way to add power to their float tube [besides the wind & flippers] this is the next best thing. For 3 grand you can be jetting to your favorite fishing site.[Tongue][/size][/#008080]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5351;]
[signature]
Is that thing gas or electric?? That would make a difference on my decision.

Some of the places that I go to will only allow electric motors.
[signature]
[cool][#008080][size 2]Hi Steve, This craft was advertised in the July's issue of Field & Stream. It is a jet propelled gas engine.[/size][/#008080]

[url "http://www.mokai.com/products.htm"][#008080][size 2]http://www.mokai.com/products.htm[/size][/#008080][/url]

[#008080][size 2]You could run circles around Sr. Tube.[/size][/#008080][Wink]
[signature]
[blue][size 1]No Thanks.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Those would be more a part of the problem than part of the solution. Don't need more noise and water polution.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Cool little rig however they are a bit pricey!
[signature]
I dont see a rod in sight and it sorta reminds me of one of those mini racing boats. Ha!
[signature]
Running circles around Sr. Tube is not my idea of have fun. That would only get our lines tangled or have him test a new "Sinking" design of bait bug designed just for PWC that violate the safety zone.

Tubers always respect other tubers space.

It would be nice to see that craft in an electric version. At that point I could use my solar panels to keep up the daylight energy requirements to tube for longer periods of time.[cool]
[signature]

Hi there Dryrod,

Been noticing that pontoon boats and kickboats as well as zodiac type inflatables have gotten harder. That is, they have PVC or ABS bottom skids, front and back shields, entire pvc decks, and even transoms/motor mounts.

Should be interesting to see what hybrids are coming out next!

I'd get a kayak before I got a motorized tube.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][#008080][size 2]Every time I go fishing I see more and more tubes and toons. You are probably right JR with a renewed interest in these types of crafts the future looks very promising for tubers. To quote TubeN2 the"poor man's boat" is here to stay.[/size][/#008080]
[signature]
[black]Remember too all us California tubers, as soon as you put a motor on it you have to get USCG tags for it. Even electric.[/black]

I checked DMV and USCG. Both confirm it. Fines can be hefty and I also heard they can seize vessel and or tow you in with a charge of course.
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('Sad')"][Sad][/url][font "Californian FB"][#005028][size 3]The Govt will anything to make a buck or I should say take a buck![/size][/#005028][/font]
[signature]