Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 6/30/04
Went up to Jordanelle last night, and finally had a good smallmouth trip.

From my tube, I caught an 19", 17", and a bunch around 15" - 16". I've always just got little smallies and tons of perch from my tube at Rock Cliffs, so I decided to try a different spot than close to where the road drives into the water at Rock Cliffs.

I parked at Rock Cliffs around 3pm, and walked along the reservoir perimeter trail until I got to the "no wake" buoys, and I put my tube in there. Then I just kicked slowly west, looking for places I thought they'd be. By 9pm, I'd floated all the way out of Rock Cliffs, and got a little further than I thought I'd go. I got off the water at 9pm, and it took me an hour and 15 min. to walk back to Rock Cliffs, walking on the perimiter trail. Thank goodness for the full moon to light the path!

The bigger fish were still pretty close to shore. I caught both bigger ones in places where there was a transition from bigger rocks to smaller rocks, and no rocks to gravel. I caught the biggest one on a 3/8 brown/green spinnerbait, and all the others on 5" Senkos. A variety of colors. Black w/ blue speckles, and Watermelon seemed to be the favorites.

There were some skiers stopped close by as I was bringing in the 17" one, and they were nice eneough to take a picture.
[signature]
Hey Senkonate great report! Thanks for sharing. That's a nice beautiful fish. I'm thinking of taking my dad out there in his canoe on the 10th for his birthday to get him some smallie action.
[signature]
It's a long shot, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask....

I'm planning on taking my tube on a similar "adventure" tonight. It's a lot of walking but fun to get to those great spots.

But, if anyone with a boat was planning on hitting the 'nelle tonight, and wouldn't mind a tag along, I could show you where the sweet spots are where they were piling up last night.

Shoot me a pm if that sounds good.

Thanks,

Senkonate
[signature]
There might be a outside remote possibility that I might show up with my float tube tonight... only if I can get out of going to one of my softball games...If plenty guys, then I'm out of there and floating around. Hope to see you there, but I won't make the hike, but will hug the shorelone from the old road up as far as I can go.
[signature]
GREAT pictures, sounds like a perfect time, thanks for the post.
[signature]
Hi Nate,

Wish I could take you up on your offer -- we couldn't do any worse than we did last trip up there, but can't make it tonight.
[signature]
Thanks for giving it a thought Kent. Maybe next time.

Nate
[signature]
Hey Nate,

Check your PM box.
[signature]