Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A post from another board prompted this one.
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] These are some picture I took on one of my last trips to Pumphouse Cove. I found the area very disturbing. After reviewing these photos, the photos didn't show the full "picture". Not only did garbage litter the area but the bags that people used to carry the items were still there. When we decided to move we did take along four grocery bags of trash with us. Didn't get it all but a dent was made. I guess it's all in your upbringing, those who are raise to respect nature and who were not. It just amazes me just how ignorant some people can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: litter1.jpg]

[Image: litter3.jpg]

[Image: litter4.jpg]

[Image: litter5.jpg]

[Image: litter6.jpg]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] I couldn't resist throwing in a photo of one of the most beautiful sights I have even laid my eyes onto. Now I'm just waiting for the 10' X 20' [size 4] [red] Neon[/red] [green] Sign [/green] [/size] announcing too everyone it's here.

[Image: floatingcan.jpg]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David
[signature]
To bad that happens more often now days. Kids now days just don't have a clue but I can't just blame them it's also there parents.

What the heck is that a floating john? Neon lights would truly make it a Vegas style John.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Please hedgesd don't incourage them.
[signature]
I never did get the whole littering thing?????

Some people are just PIGS I guess,

even in the sierra, you can fill a trashbag with all kinds of trash within a few minutes, I think I bring more than my share of trash out everytime.

As far as the floating honeyhut, I think it's better than using a 5 Gal. bucket.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Haven't heard from you in a while, glad you're back. I'm not sure if you are familiar with Pumphouse Cove or not but the cove is designated "Fishing Only". [font "Times New Roman"]

(a)(2) Fishing Restrictions, Pumphouse Cove

The southern portion of that area commonly referred to as Pumphouse Cove, bounded by the restricted area buoys on the north to the shoreline. The following restrictions are in effect whenever the restricted area buoys are in place. The water portion of this area is closed to boating, float-tubing, swimming, snorkeling, diving, and to fishing in any manner except from the shoreline, or by wading, or by casting into the area from its exterior boundaries. In order to be considered wading, a person fishing must be standing with their feet on the bottom and not capable of free floatation through the use of any device.

[/font][font "Times New Roman"][size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] It's the only cove like it out there, that I know of, and NPS drops a floating can just outside the bouys. I don't have a problem with the "john", just where it was placed[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David[/font]
[signature]
I knew about the closure and the bouys etc...but I thought it was for swimmers, And Yeah I'm still around, a change of Job in Jan. allows little time for surfing the boards during the day and a 3 year old keeps me busy at night.

Now if I could only get my boat running [Sad]

I could get in on the striper bite that seems to be pretty good this year...
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Yeah those restrictions are what drew me to the cove in the first place. Well that and the water is in close walking distance. What's wrong with the boat??

[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David
[signature]
Three year olds...hmm - I remember sleeping in shifts because we had a real active one.

Unless you are under warranty...Don't know Honda outboards at all, but had good work done by Bob Bradley Marine (384-1070) right here in Las Vegas. Had dirt clogging the carb on my old 15 hp Force and they cleaned it and rebuilt it. Same for a friend with Yamaha 200. He had a tune-up during some other repairs and rig ran about 5 miles faster than ever before. Think Bob's labor charges are about $65 per hour.

stabilizer next time - get most any autoparts store - even Swell Mart.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans MS'] A plugged up carburetor isn't a big enough problem to take it to a shop, I think. With a good book and some time they clean (blow) out fairly easy.

[size 2] [font "comic sans MS'] David
[signature]