Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 Pound rainbow caught at Strawberry
[url "http://www.strawberrybay.com/fishstories/index.htm"]http://www.strawberrybay.com/fishstories/index.htm[/url]

That is one fine looking fish!
[signature]
looks kind of freakish actually.... Wouldn't mind catching one like it though...
[signature]
That fish is all beat up. It would be an unbelievable site to see that fish trying to spawn in some dinky stream.
[signature]
Thanks for the link Kent. That sure is one big fish! Kinda banged up, but it sure would be a great fish for retouching and putting on the wall.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing that kent.. I bet that kid is still grinnin' from ear to ear. [Smile]
[signature]
Thats one hell of a fish[shocked] I know theres even bigger in their! I believe the new state record trout will come out of their in the next 2 years!!!!!(bow or cut)
[signature]
That is a strange looking fish, but I wouldn't mind having him on the end of my line. Man-o.
[signature]
Does an old heart good to see kids do so well. Thanks for sharing that Kent.
[signature]
I guess that I am going to have to get me a "silver lure"!
[signature]
I hate to inform you but after checking the fishing proclamation and reading the article again, Indian Creek, the place where they say this fish was caught is "closed to fishing". Nice poached fish!
[signature]
The actual creek itself would have been closed, but that area of the reservoir is often referred to as Indian Creek. Let's hope that he was fishing the reservoir.
[signature]
The boy who caught the fish is my neighbor and I saw the fish in person when they got home. Unbelieveable size and shape! It broke their net when they tried to boat it. It is a little beat up looking because it would not fit in the cooler. The folks at the marina where it was 'officially' weighed estimated that it was probably over 15 pounds when it was caught but because it wouldn't fit in the cooler all the way and because they fished for a while more before going in, it lost the weight due to dehydration.

I can assure you he did not catch it in the stream. It was in the lake, in a well known place. And I can also say that the family who caught the fish are very law abiding folks. By the way, this family seems to pick up about one fish in the 8 pound range every time they go out.

m
[signature]
I'm glad to see a kid caught it. He will always remember that fish, a true football.

I heard a rumor about Scofield. The camp host told my uncle that someone caught a 17 pounder on bait fathers day weekend towards the island. I think it was a kid also.

I like to see kids smiling in fishing pictures with their whopper.
that was one brute of a fish, look like it was stunted, got bigger in the belly, but not in the length. i would like to catch that fish for sure
[signature]
Most of the bows at the Berry are big fat and not very long. If you've caught the big bows their you'd know that thats how they grow over there.[cool]
[signature]