Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zip Lures?
I am watching an infomercial this morning, Lords knows I hate infomercials, but this one was about fishing.

Like the banjo minnowmercials of the past, the new one is called the "Zip Lure" you can only get it through the address on the show for $20 fish backs. As with the banjo this show is a heavy concentration of hipe. Understandbly so, they are trying to make a sale. [ul] [li]My question is has any one bought in to the add?[/li] [li]If so did you have any success[/li] [li]was it worth the money? or did you take up their money back offer?[/li][/ul]

If you saw the infomercial what do you think about them attempting to change the term "Hawg" in to "Slob"
[signature]
I too saw the infomercial and I fell for it. So I went to a store and picked up 2 of them. I've had it for about a year now and to date I still have not caught a fish with it. Its just the same as any other vibrating bait that you can get at any store. To me it wasnt worth the money.

ONE thing that I did notice about the infomercial that I though was pretty funny was when they were show the rod tip actions with the bait on. They had one rod tip with the bait on and it was moving and on the other rod tip wasnt even moving because their was nothing on it and they werent even reeling!![laugh]

Slob will never beat the hawg. HAWG RULES!!![Wink]
[signature]
I will tell you the one that blew the whole mercial, and that was the sturgeon they caught with that lure.

eather the lure was sitting still on the bottom of the lake with a peice of live bait tipped on it or they caught it and slipped the hook in its mouth and set it back in the water to film the netting....

every one knows that sturgeon are not preaditors. they will eat just about any thing on the bottom of the lake that is dead or almost dead.
[signature]
i saw that infomercial this morning. i wouldnt waste my money on that, i have these lures that look just like that and only paid like a dollar for them and i have still yet to catch any fish with them.
[signature]
This fishymercial has been going on for a year now. I've watched it many times and even went to Gander Mountain and picked up a couple. They catch your fishing line in mid-cast better than they catch fish.

You know what? That "only from television" special is being clearanced at Gander Mountain for $9.99 right now.
[signature]