Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle report 7-3
I had an unusual but fun trip out to the rock cliffs yesterday. I got there about 8:30 and tubed out to the North side. Initially I couldn't get anything going although I finally got them playing a little on a chartreuse senko. I then hit an area where I was getting heavy perch action and re-rigged for them to get my evening dinner. I was using small tube jigs and twist tail grubs. Right away I caught a 10 inch smallie (No surprise there), but then a 12'(better), then a fat 15' football (surprise!). I see now what all of the fuss is on the big Jordanelle smallies. Those bigger fish are thick! I then finished catching a mess of perch then went after the bronze ones again, but couldn't get on them again, just had a hit or two. Went home about 2pm. Lots of fun. There were so many boats out there it looked like opening day in the old days. Everyone was cool though, no problems. I also met Ocean and family at the ramp, I hope they had a good day. Good luck to all this weekend.
[signature]
sounds like a productive day on the water. the reason that the smallies were hitting the smaller lures is because the perch babies around 1/2 to an inch long( or at least at pineview they are that big) and the smallies are keying in on those babies, so just downsize the bait size this time of year.

joe
[signature]
I had a similar experience at Jordenelle with small lures. I tied on a tiny baitbug to catch some perch and got a few smallies also. The funny thing though is that the hook on the bait bug is so small that it wouldn't go through thier lip and I ended up losing a few before I could land them.
[signature]
Hey glad to hear you got into those smallies.We did good on the perch but not the smallies maybe we will get into them next time.[Wink]
[signature]