Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hunting camo
is camo really that important?
[signature]
The main reason for camo is to break up your outline and to help you blend in with the surroundings. You dont have to buy the most expensive camo to have camo that works well. First find out where you will be hunting the most Hardwoods,Pine trees,corn or grass fields etc... and try to find a camo that conceals you the best for your hunting situation.

I am a big guy, 6'3" and go about 250 not too easy to hide hanging off the side of a tree. I personally like a set of coveralls because I can keep them in a plastic bag after I wash them and eliminate strange scents before I put them on right before I go into the woods.I also use a headnet or kerchief around my face to help conceal it and a good set of camo gloves. My whole outfit probably was less than $50. I got my last set of coveralls from Bass Pro on clearence for about$25. Also I wear knee high rubber boots to eliminate my scent on the way in and out. You can pick these up at a farm supply store for about $15 a pair.

Just remember that the deer will pick-up on movement more than anything. I can not stress how much you need to stay still when they get in close and whenever you move or get ready to draw back move slowly and pulll steadily. The best time to do this is when the deer looks a different way. Good luck and if I can help you out any more just post again and I will see what I can do to help.

This was one out of 4 bucks that came into me one morning and if not for camo I never would have got him.He wasn't my first choice but the only one I could draw on at the time.
[signature]
I found my camo from the military works good. Cheap too if you can get it at a surplus store.
[signature]