Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
I went up to Jordanelle Tuesday afternoon/evening to try my luck. I didn't have the boat so I hoofed it along the shoreline of the Provo River arm. I tried perch meat to catch more of the same but had no luck. I switched over to tube jigs and went after the smallies. It took me a while, but I finally got into them. I ended up catching 5 or 6 and had other hits. The biggest was about 12". I caught most of them within 10 feet of the shore. I must admit however, I was disapointed that I didn't get into the perch. Hopefully I can get out there again this Saturday.
[signature]
I feel your pain, I too would be very disapointed having only caught smallies and no perch. NOT!

Isn't it odd how that works, when you don't want to catch any perch, you cant keep them off and when your fishing for them they are nowhere to be found.
[signature]
Fished Jordanelle on tuesday(7/6) as well. My buddy and I took our pontoon boats and launched from the personal watercraft ramp at Hailstone. We went as far west as we could go, where we've usually caught oodles of perch and smallies. We fished down the entire shoreline for about three hundred yards or so and picked 3 perch and 2 chubs. I remembered that I had seen huge schools, of what had to be perch, out along the "no wake" buoy line on an earlier trip this year. We decided to give up on the smallies and catch something. Find a couple of nice schools in 20ft of water, anchored, and caught as many perch as we wanted. Just dropped down a 1/16oz gitzit, smoke color. The bonus was that we picked up 2 smallies, both about 9", and a rainbow, which was 16" long, while jigging for perch. Weather was nice the whole time we were there from 4-9PM, and the wind never kicked up.