Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7/7 raitain river, New jersey
i went to the raitain river tonight about 5-730 i was fishin with my ul and i was using 2lb. tast and a 1" twister tail. i ended up with about 12 bass and about 24-30 sunnies. the bite was pretty hot i just didnt wanna get stuck in a thunder storm. the highlight of the trip was when i hooked into this 2 pounder. it must have taken my 10 min. to get him in every time i got him close he took off for about 20 yards. then i turn him around and get him in and he takes off another 20 yards. he did that about 6 or 7 times. i had a ball but maybe next time ill bring a longer rod with about 6-8 lb. test so i dont have to worry about snapping a fish off.
[signature]
thats a realchallenge on 2# test line in the raritan you never know what you could hook into they also stocked some big trout in there in the 4 - 5 pound range so you might want to up your line a little just incase
[signature]
yea there is also big pike and muskie in there. i found that out the hard way i was flyfishing and i was pulling in a sunny and when i got him half way in the line went slack. i pulled it up the rest of the way and i had my sunny and it was chopped in half. the water was crystal clear so i climbed up a tree to see what it was and there were about 4 big picke or muskie swimmin in that hole.
[signature]