Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappie Fishing Report Big Sandy July 4,2002
KYLCRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE<br>Fishing Report July 3,2002<br>The Crappie fishing is ON! I went out yesterday morning for 1 hour and 30 min. and boated 28 nice crappie topped by a 2-1/4#. Couldn’t stay out long because of the family thing for the 4th. But I will be back out there tomorrow morning. The lake level is at summer pool with the water tempters around 83DEG. The crappie I caught are still on the flats of 12 to 16'. Saturday and Sundays I expect the same pattern to hold true, Best baits were Crank baits, Bandit 300 series (RootBeer,Fire Tiger, and Yellow Chart). We troll these crank baits from the back of the boat with the big motor at 1.5 mph. (NO FASTER) the rods we were using are regular bass rods with 16# line. Here's what you do, Run out to your favorite area and find that 12 to 14' water, Drop one crank bait in the water and let the line run out 50 to 75 yards behind the boat with the Big motor running in gear at 1.5 mph, Do the same with 4 to 6 rods, Keep your boat running at 1.5 mph and set back and watch the fun begin, If you need any help with this technique please feel free to email me. Or you can find me at Mansard Island Boat dock around 5:30 am don’t forget to take a kid and let them catch some Big crappie. Also there are opening dates for July and Aug. if anyone needs a guide trip. <br>God bless and good fishing to you all.<br><br>Charles<br>KYLCRAPPIE Guide Service<br>KYLCRAPPIE@Hotmail.com<br><br><br>