Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 7/3 to 7/8/ 2004
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hit the Gorge for a little summer vacation and managed a little fishing between the rain, lightening, and wind. Met Polokid and his girlfriend for the first 3 days. Fished for macks for 3 days and managed two fish in the 20 lb range, one in the 15 lb range and several pups from 3-10 lbs. Here's a couple pics of the better fish.[/size][/font] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5493;][/center] [center]Natalie with her nice mack [/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5494;][/center] [center]One of BLM's macks[/center] [left]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Some friends talked me into a koke fishing trip for the afternoon and managed to hook one and missed about a dozen of the little suckers on the riggers. Seems there were a lot of folks catching some nice kokes up to 5 plus lbs. One guy at the fish cleaning station had a cooler full of nice size kokes.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Also took the Sheep Creek Geological Loop Road. A worthwhile drive if you've never done it before. We were also very lucky to have a herd of bighorn sheep cross the road right in front of us.[/size][/font][/left] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5496;] [/center] [center]Bighorn Sheep on the Sheep Creek Geological Loop
[/center]
[signature]
That sounds like a pretty good trip! Too bad you guys couldn't have hooked into a 30+ fish. Were you guys trolling or jigging for the macs?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We trolled for macks, mostly dragging steel. We caught as much tackle as we did fish. I pulled up a nice pancake rigger ball with release and almost 200 ft of cable. We also caught 3 sets of pop gear, one home made giant affair weighted to drag bottom. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]To jig the Gorge successfully, you need a good electric to stay on top of the fish. Ask guys like MACMAN and MAC-ATTAC. These guys precision jig with great results. I'm not in that class of jiggers up there. I've got an electric but it's not mounted yet.[/size][/font]
[signature]
blm glad you survived the weekend at the gorge and caught some fish also.this weekend hasnt been the best for people on the gorge.the cedar spring's marina caught fire,a very bad jetski accident at the pipeline,and some poor soul drown near south buckboard yesterday.
[signature]
Nice fish BLM. Polokid and girlfriend dropped buy my place on their way home and all they told me was to look for the lady with the big ass grin. I hope you told her to breathe through her nose, cause its only a fish! Great to hear your report and see the pics.
[signature]
Great POST thanks!!
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Lovely.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Are we still planning a big mack attack from my tube on Bear Lake in October? I need a good guide...and maybe a ride or a tow.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the post BLM. Looks like you were around the Lucern area form the pics. Is that where you were trolling or were you down in the canyon.
[signature]
Great report. It sounds like even with the bad weather you managed to get a few fish which makes it all worth while. Also the Smile is great.
[signature]
WOW !

[shocked]

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We fished in a lot of places. We fished Antelope Flats, Swim Beach, Linwood Bay, etc. Fishing was not great but we scratched a few fish everywhere. Bottom line, the Gorge rocks even when it's not cooperating with you.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey TD! You can bank on the BL trip. I can't wait to see you being dragged around by a big mack in your tube![/size][/font]
[signature]