Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
report from Hamburg Michigan 7-7-04
Well I spent the day in Hamburg,

beutiful day dispite the 5 minute rain that set in right after lunch.

I got few bites, mostly bait stealers. I did manage to land one species that I entered in to the 16 species contest.

can you name this species? [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5497;][/center] [left]you can visit the contest and look around the bottom of page 10 if you cant guess.[/left] [left]he is 18+ inches, I had a hard time getting him to stick his neck out all the way and get a picture, this species has a neck that is equal to 2/3's its shell lenth, in other words if you are holding on to its hind foot he can and probably will bite you...[/left] [left]I did receive a good 10 if not 15 minute battle from this species. the season for this species opened july 1st. I was impressed at the weigh of this individual, most of the ones I see are skin and bones.. this one had enough for a pot of soup. I ended up releasing it back to the river.... But not untill after I got half a dosen photo shots for prosparity.....[/left]
[signature]
that would be a blast,

say did you go over to the ODlodge and log in? I heard you got a pm over there [Wink]
[signature]