Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11-MILE REPORT
Fished E-mile on 7-3-04 with 2 friends in my boat.Caught 1st koke at 9:30 and last at 3:30.Total was 24 from 14 to 19 in.What a blast!We missed\lost prolly about 30 also.Most were caught using piece of worm on plain hook 6ft. under a thill bobber.Out from Rocky Flats? in 11 to 26 ft. of water.
[signature]
No kidding? Sounds like a hoot!! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
No kidding-I'd never caught more than 6 or 7 kokes at 11-mile before saturday.We're goin back this saturday again.I,ll be in my Tracker drift fishin-
[signature]
Fished E-mile with dad in law from boat on sat. 7-10-04 6:30 till 12:30.Caught kokes and bo's(mostly bo's from 15-17") pretty much non-stop from 9:30 till we left cuase the thunderstorms were gettin close.Mostly on worm\bobber rig.The trollers I observed were not into many fish.We were just driftin,except we did a lot of sitting because there was almost no wind.Didnt matter though-We ended up boating about 25-30 fish total.
[signature]
Hey Slayerfish-

Nice going. How deep were you finding your fish? Were you out over deep water fishing for suspended fish or fishing the shallower areas?
[signature]
Bait was at 5-7' over 8.8 to 20 ft. of water.Mostly in 10-12 ft of water.
[signature]
[cool] Thanks!
I'm committed to take a couple of friends from out of state fishing one day next week and I've been thinking Granby or Turquoise, but maybe 11 Mile would be a better choice? I'm interested in numbers of fish for them rather than lunker potential.
[signature]
Been basically fishin on the inlet end on the paved road side near I think rocky flats campground?Its pretty much straight across from lazy boy,where as a matter of fact we caught a lot also.Right at the mouth of the lazy boy bay.I havent caught much on lures or jigs,just on the worm\bobber deal.I also caught quite a few using a water-filled casting bubble with just a plain hook piece of worm.
[signature]
Fished 11-mile on 7-17-04 from boat with friend. Hammered the bo's again.I caught 20 while 1st mate caught 15. All were 15-17" and caught on worm bobber or worm/bubble combo.We actually became bored catching bo's on every cast.We were gonna try for some kokes in afternoon but storms were growing and we wanted to miss the carnage at the boat dock!There are some real idiots out there!Did all our catchin from 9:30 till noon. Gotta love it-
[signature]
Wow. What a trip. I will be heading up there this Saturday morning to fish from the shore. Any suggestions would help.
[signature]
Thanks Slayerfish!

Your new report convinced me to take a friend and her 82 yr. old mother up tomorrow to give this a shot. The mother has always wanted to catch a rainbow trout and was sooo excited when she heard about your report. Were you fishing the same places you described in the earlier posts??

Thanks again for your help!
[signature]
Yep, same area-just out and up towards inlet from Stoll Mountain Campground.9-16 ft of water,no deeper.Hope you do good,the onus is on me now!Some guys in a drift boat were fishin by us,they were usin powerbait on bobbers but only caught a few.Worms on bobbers,5-6 ft.down,driftin.I'm always out there at 6am but rarely catch anything until about 9:30am.Good Luck-
[signature]
Thanks a bunch!
[signature]
Slayerfish-

I must be doin' something wrong. Fished your area yesterday from 9 AM til Noon without a nibble. It didn't help that the water was dead calm, as smooth as glass and not a cloud in the sky. So, loaded the boat back up, came back to Chatfield and whaled on the walleyes and smallmouth for a while. It was still fun and the folks with me loved the scenery at Eleven Mile. Thanks!
[signature]
Bummer,don. Sometimes when it got dead calm,I had better luck throwin the bubble and reelin real slow,but the wind didnt matter a whole bunch.If you notice the sprinklerguy's post,he slammed em at lazy boy also-but then again I never catch cr*p at Chatfield!Later
[signature]
Hey Don,check this out-http://www.11milesports.com/fishingreport
[signature]
SlayerFish -- Your first post said that you were catching Kokes in less than 30 ft of water. Yet the 11 mile report suggest going deep.
what would be your recommendation? I am knew to Kokanee fishing and have only caught a few (on dipsy divers and cow bells) -- am I going at this the wrong way? Sounds like you are having great success in the shallows.
[signature]
Havent caught many kokes since the first report-but I rarely fish deep water over 30 ft.In fact 90% of the time I fish 15' or less.Over the years at 11-mile Ive caught a lot of kokes in 15' or less.Thats just my style,and I hate trollin.Good luck-
[signature]