Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview reort (7-9-04)
Fished pineview today with skipthelurker. It turned out to be a good day of fishing. Skipthelurker became a member of the I Caught My First Muskie Club. We started fishing the narrows then along the south shore with no luck. Then we moved over to the north side of cemetery point and still had no luck. We worked our way back to one of the eastern arms and thats where skip hooked into a 43" muskie. He got it too the boat fairly easy but once it seen the boat it made a couple runs. Skip was pumped we want to boat that muskie and get a pic so I grabed my net and scooped it up. As soon as the full weight of the muskie was in the net my net bent in half. I had a hold of the handle and skip reached down and grabed the rim of the net and we lifted the muskie into the boat took afew quick pics and released it unharmed.

Nice catch Skip !
[signature]
Any of you guys or gals out there that dont know MGB...Your loss..Great guy,,Great times,,and his guide service fee is very reasonable..He loves to fish and he would rather you catch them, than him..What a Wacko aint he....[Wink]

Next time MGB...we'll take the sweet toe...I know,,I left her up to the gorge but..I've a new love...........
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Nice, very, very nice! You're getting way too good at nailing those muskies, Mike! Thanks for the great report. What are the hot lures?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Caught that beuty on a #11 broken back chub......trollen 3.3 in as many weeds as you dare...Lost it later in the day, due too a huge snag..trollen in 12 maybe 15 feet of water when possible! I was up to the gorge same time as you . caught mostly salmon..fished off of anvil towards squaw..not a bad week..been goen up there over the 4th for years..didnt do worth a hoot for the macks..could of been that home made Vw you grabbed off the bottom was one of ours..seems to work most the time, but it terrible to hang on too..let a lone get in with a nice mack..some times I dont think it worth it.
[signature]
Perch rapalas has been working fairly well. I think the lure Skip caught his on today was a J-11 chub but I am not sure. He did'nt have the box it came in, at first I thought it was a rainbow but after comparing it to a rainbow that I had it was a little different. Its the first time I've seen a muskie caught on one.
[signature]
Sweet fish , Skip . Congrats .
[signature]
Thank you much...I here he's done it for you too huh..How bout that blue gill net that mike uses..Maybe we could get some kind of a benefit fish party and buy the pour kid a big fish net...You gonna chase big fish you gonna need a big net...[Wink]
[signature]
Hey I very seldom put the muskie in the boat. I usually unhook them at the side of the boat so I never cared to upgrade my net. But now that I am netless I will get the proper net maybe one like OldCoots cradle net.
[signature]
Yes , he let me reel one in last year , but I go to watch the master most of the time . LOL Damn , Going to miss that net . It was good for removing lures from unruly fish . I got a big net I don't use anymore , maybe I will donate it to the cause .
[signature]
Nice fish guys!!! Gotta love those muskies!!!
[signature]
What a beauty Skip, but I hope your mug didn't break the camera. I think you owe Mike a new net.[cool] You gonna run to Lucern and retreive the boat now? We are headin up Pineview saturday morn to see if we can wake up some smallies.
[signature]

[reply]
[size 1]..could of been that home made Vw you grabbed off the bottom was one of ours..seems to work most the time, but it terrible to hang on too..let a lone get in with a nice mack..some times I dont think it worth it. [/size]

[/reply]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That home made pop gear was a monsterous thing. Seems to be a pretty popular way to fish macks especially with a chub or sucker attached. I know one thing, anything attached to steel line will beat the crap out of you but it's fairly effective, you just better be ready for lots of snags and losing $6 lures at a pop![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Congrats on your fine muskie, Skip![/size][/font]
[signature]
dang mike strikes again. that sucks that net is history. i was becoming a bit attached to it. haha.
[signature]