Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chatfield Report
My daughter and I hit Chatfield for a few hours this morning and caught a dozen walleyes and 3 or 4 smallmouth. Jaki got a 20.5" eye that was right at 2.5 lbs. It was great fun for her, even though you take your life in your hands with all the nitwit skiers, wakeboarders and PWC's at Chatfield. By 9:30 we had had it!!!
[signature]
Glad you were able to try it out this morning that sure is a nice walleye Jaki caught. Weekends on these front range lakes are almost two crowded to fish and it does seem to hamper the catch.
[signature]
Is the Chatfield open to night fishing?
[signature]
Yup. It sure is.
[signature]
Hey Don,

Good to see you got out to Chatfield some so far this year. Sorry I never got back to you, been a crazy summer so far, and my PC was down for sometime.

Fishing out there has been fantastic though huh? We had some 50-100 fish days over on the ledge at the dam face before they drew the water down, and basically took the feeding shelf there out of the water. Still finding plenty of fish though anyplace you can find a good drop from 8' on top to 20+' on the bottom, with a flat in the 8'-6' range extending off the break. Takes some time just driving around looking for them, but my experience so far, if you find one, you find a wad of fish.

Now if school would just get back in, and some of these inconsiderate skiers and PWC's would hang it up for the year that place would be excellent.
[signature]