Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIshing, wives and bugs!
Why is it that when ever you take the wife fishing something always happens? This one day I thought it would be good to take the wife with me to the best catfish hole on the Colorado River, and I expected her to be as excieted about going as I was. Boy was I wrong. Well, we made the best of it. The area that I like was the rocky side of the embankment that dropped off into the river, surrounded but bushes and trees. What I didn't know was that that my wife was afraid of heights and wouldn't come down unless I hand helped her. SO, I set up my poles, cast em out and went for the wife. Just when she got settled I looked over and noticed my pole was gone! What a drag! I mean 5 minutes out there and I got a bite that pulled my rod, reel and everything in the river. Well, I had my back up pole, (as most fishermen bring) and continued to fish, for my lost pole. Just then, a family of trantulas started scurrying out from under the tree to get the rodents that were climbing around the rocks and thats when all Heck! broke loose with the wife!!! She stood up and started to scream for me to get her out of there, and all I could do was reel in my second pole, after all I wasn't gonna loose that one too! She was about to jump in the river taking me with her, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her up the embankment.<br> I went back out there about 4am and caught my pole with the fish still on the hook. It was a 11lb Striper, about the biggest I've ever seen. With the excietment I forgot about the pole and went for the fish. In the process, I was waist deep in the river trying to bring him up to the shore, and my foot slipped on a rock and he flung back into the water! Talk about the one that got away... twice! The morale of the story, if you want to catch fish, take the wife or the kids, on second thought, don't!<br><br>
great story but if my wife even saw a little spider she would yell and run wouldn't have to help her up as i couldn't catch her and take her and the kid fishing every time i do that they catch fish and i don't !
[signature]
[font "Continuum Light"][size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"]HAHA..that would be me with my husband...[/font][/size][/font]

[font "Continuum Light"][size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"]he doesn't fish, is scared of heights and hates with a fear..spiders! [/font][/size][/font]

[font "Continuum Light"][size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"]LMBO at your story[/font]! [Wink][/size][/font]
[signature]
Great Story, my wife is the same way!
[signature]
hahaha well we dont have terranchulas round here, thank god! haha never mind the spellin, haha but i think if i was her i,d be doin the same thing. haha i think there some different than our regular barn spiders,[Wink] haha and ya probaly shouldnt of put your pole in first, ahha but it is a good story! haha but it also was good ya took her, ahha try again, it might go better ya find a little bettier spot than where them spiders were! and fun,fer both of ya. hahaha later, [Smile][Wink][laugh]
[signature]
you ever use those spiders for anything other than chasing the hubby around the house? Like fish bait? if so how did you hook them?

I have used all kinds of bugies when I was a kid, I was looking for the ultamate fish bait that would not fail, My conclusion was that crickets and grasshoppers.

never did find a spider that I could get on a hook. other than daddy long legs, but we never put them on a hook, ya know why, but for those who dnnt, if you kill a daddy long leg it will rain. and no body wants to shorten a fishing trip by rain. I hate when that happens....
[signature]
[sly] great story, thanks, say, did you ever get her back out on the water again after that?
[signature]
At least your wife will (or did) go fishing with you once - mine won't go at all... most of the time she won't even eat the fish I bring home... and really pitches a fit if I cook it in the house... [pirate]
Even tho we've been married 10 years, I'd still like to have her company when fishing...
[signature]