Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rivers or Lakes?
Which do yall like to fish,rivers or lakes? I like to bank fish rivers and take the boat out on the lake. Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy
Raypaw...<br><br>I like both, but there are exceptions to separating lakes from rivers. For example, Kaskaskia river in Illinois was dredged for barge shipping, in other words, they made it straight. That left a lot of slews where the meanders used to be. These, of course, turned into small curved lakes. Catfish dominate these slews, but bluegill, redear and small/largemouth bass can be found if you know how/when/where to look. These slews also are fed by creeks, streams and runoffs from the land, so during springtime months or after a good downpour there are channels flowing through them at a deep level. This sets up a feeding arena for several species of large fish and they can be caught readily if you know what you're doing. It really isn't a mystery...just ask questions from local anglers about the best bait type, etc. Most will answer gladly, but then again, depending on the region, most might lead you astray so you don't get your pole in their honey holes!<br>Free running rivers are great if you fish areas where tributaries run into them. Just a few yards from the mouth of one can yield exceptional results...but like I said...if you know what you're doing. Experience comes from experimentation, and your river may be different from someone else's. Trying to fish directly from shore of a heavily-used river may not be a good idea. Traffic and currents don't bode well with most fish, so try to find a quiet spot(tributaries?).<br>Lakes are outstanding because to the choices of habitat you can find in them, depending on their source, size and location.<br>Most lakes contain lots of structure. Finding these structures is important, fish congregate around stumps, drop-offs, overhangs, points...you name it. For catfish on a lake I have found late-night fishing usually works best in summer months. I try to find the shallowest areas, not too shallow mind you, but don't go casting your doughbait into a 40' trench...you may not get a nibble. I hope this advice helps a bit. But hey! It's just my opinion...all from experience.<br><br>Good luck!<br><br><br>&lt;--^----&lt; The big one got away...with my pole, boat, and wife!<br>
Hey Brian I grew up in Rockford Illinois and grew up fishing the Rock River for catfish and carp never had a chance to fish lakes much growing up but now I am old and live in Texas and I love fishing lakes cant beat being out in the boat on a summer night all the night sounds and it is just peacefull we fish coves at night more shallow and drift fish deep when its still light out Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy
I like to fish rivers for trout. Fish lake Pueblo in my float tube for bass, walleye and wiper.<br><br>
Hey spinner happy, theres quite a wiper discussion going on over on the utah page. Just thought you might be interested.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Raypaw, sounds great. I fish for the peace and quiet also. I catfish at night, then as the sun starts to peep above the trees, I go after the bass. I usually fish alone, but my Dad and little brother are always welcome because they want peace and quiet, too! I wish you many, many years of happy fishing...<br><br>CB<br><br><br>&lt;--^----&lt; The big one got away...with my pole, boat, and wife!<br>
I cant seem to choose one over the other i fish lakes rivers lake inlets lake outlets coves backwaters and swamps. if it has a fish frog or turtle "I'm fishing it"<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>For Kids Sake <br>Recycle your old Equipment<br>Dave