Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't receive e-mails
I'm having e-mail trouble! Ack! I send an e-mail out from my bigfishtackle.com account to my yahoo and hotmail account. I clicked on "reply" and made sure the address was correct, and shortly thereafter received the following in both accounts:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at slink.nmsrv.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<drowneddesertrat@bigfishtackle.com>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <lost_in_tc@yahoo.com>
Received: (qmail 23660 invoked from network); 14 Jul 2004 03:56:26
X-AntiVirus: Clean
Received: from unknown (HELO web60301.mail.yahoo.com) (216.109.118.112)
by slink.nmsrv.com with SMTP; 14 Jul 2004 03:56:25 -0000
Message-ID: <20040714035637.11764.qmail@web60301.mail.yahoo.com>
Received: from [65.103.2.10] by web60301.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue,
13 Jul 2004 20:56:37 PDT
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: test e-mail
To: drowneddesertrat@bigfishtackle.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
[signature]
free yahoo and hot mail accounts have to be visited every 30 days by the user to keep the acount open. other wise they close and can not be reopened with out contacting the administrators of the servers.
[signature]
It's not Yahoo or Hotmail that are giving me problems... it's this one here, BIGFISHTACKLE that isn't working.
[signature]
well It looks like you are coorect, I checked my bft account and found as well the out going mail is working but the incoming is not.

I also noted that I had received a flood of spam mail earlier this month. (last week) this may have something to do with it. I will check on it and get back with you.

this site is going through some upgrades and may suffer a few tec. difficulties

as soon as I am clued in I will drop a note...
[signature]
Thanks Dave! You're my favorite clown.... well, next to Homey the Clown (think, "In Living Color" by the Wayan Brothers).
[signature]

Dave:

Any info on the Email problems? I've had the same problem with my incoming emails for the past couple weeks as well.

Thanks!
Lee

rolltide@bigfishtackle.com
[signature]
Hey RollTide, welcome to the board! Hope we get this problem fixed soon. I prefer using it while posting on other websites for people to contact me. It lures them in.
[Wink]
[signature]
HI Lee, welcome to bigfishtackle.

Sorry for the inconvienance, hopefuly it will be back on in a couple days, they are working on it...

I will drop you a line just as soon as it is back on.
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url] emails are now rolling in...

if you havent checked in a couple days you probably have a back log now...
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Thanks! I shouldn't have much on there. Glad I can start using it again though!
[signature]

Hey Dave-

Just checked today and my email account is back on again. Now only if something could be done about all the spam!

Thanks
Lee
[signature]
[reply]
Hey Dave-

Just checked today and my email account is back on again. Now only if something could be done about all the spam!

Thanks
Lee[/reply]I noticed the SPAM also. I never received spam until the e-mail system was fixed. Any clue what happened?
[signature]
I am not positive, but I think it was a spam over load that caused the free email to break down...

with 7000 members I can only emagin how many emails came in. I noticed I had received about 50 spams just before it went down. that is my guess any way.... it is hard to say, I did not have a hand in fixing it, and it take some work in getting it restored...
[signature]