Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Unites
I would like the rest of the CA guys here to give a hearty welcome to a couple of our NV members that will be coming to join TubeNtoo, TubeMPho and I for some fishing action at Castaic lake this Saturday.

If anyone would like to join us feel free to drop on by. We will be at the Lagoon or lower lake.

Southernman and Powermaker will be coming to check out my little backyard stomping grounds. This should be a good day for fishing. They are bring a small boat and the rest of us will be in float tubes.

Come on by and join us. The fishing will be excellent even if the catching isn't.[cool]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans MS"] Well wait a minute, you never said anything about an audience. I don't work well under pressure. LOL. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

[size 2] [font "comic sans MS"] David
[signature]
Don't worry bro. Us Cali Dudes don't laugh at others fishing techniques too loud. (It might scare the fish away)[crazy]
[signature]
[#4040ff]Hey, T2, You are doomed. Southernman visited Saguaro Lake and it has been plagued with fish die-offs since. [/#4040ff]
[#4040ff][/#4040ff]
[#4040ff]Hope you have an alternate spot to fish after those guys leave.[/#4040ff]
[#4040ff][/#4040ff]
[#4040ff]And Hey, Powermaker, whazzup with no float tube? I thought you were gonna join the fraternity. Must be Tony's influence. I couldn't get him in a tube either.[/#4040ff]
[signature]

I took the fishies out for some cocktails the night before. That way I could assure that they would sleep in.

Powermaker did buy his tube. He just decided to use the boat because they wouldn't allow Southernman to sit on his lap.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5620;]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans MS"] TubeDude, rest assured a tuber could have been born today. After watching tubeN2 and TubeNtoo have there way on the water, I got to do it. As tubeN2 mentioned I have a tube now, I decided on a Gunnison. It's out in the garage fully inflated to leak test the bladder.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans MS"] Hey tubeN2, you (also) didn't mention anything about cocktails. You could have saved them cocktails for us and the fish would have been truly safe. No fish but that's OK had a great time anyway. That's a nice little lagoon you have there. I did learn one thing on the trip Expedia maps really swallow.
[signature]
[black][size 1]Hey there Powermaker,[/size][/black]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]I can't believe the La gooooooon didn't put out some fish. TubeN2 might as well as own the thing.... he does so well there! I was thinkin' what kind of look would be on TubeN2 and TubeNtoo's face if you had caught Tommy or his big brother. (no slight on your abilities)[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]It's gonna be great to have another active tuber flippin' around the boards.[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]JapanRon[/size]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Yep, that's a dandy little craft. You will enjoy it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now do your homework and your reading assignments. There will be a test.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What? No new world record largemouth?[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url][url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url] Maybe next time[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Sorry to point this out, Oh Royal Tubed One. You have committed an error in logic, specifically Coincidental Correlation or in latin
post hoc ergo propter hoc
[ul]The name in Latin means "after this therefore because of this". This describes the fallacy. An author commits the fallacy when it is assumed that because one thing follows another that the one thing was caused by the other.
[/ul] [ul][url "http://datanation.com/fallacies/posthoc.htm"]http://datanation.com/fallacies/posthoc.htm[/url][/ul] [ul][/ul] [ul][/ul] [ul][/ul] [ul][/ul] [ul][/ul] [ul] [center] [/center] [left]After that being said I had consumed and released some mighty vile stuff that week [url "javascript: addTag(':/')"][unsure][/url][/left] [left] [/left] [left] [/left] [center][Image: calf-dudes.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center] [/center] [center] [/center] [left]sm[/left][/ul]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Southernman, you said yesturday that you had met 4 generations of the Tube family. Did you ever fish with Grandma Tube? That would be cool to not only meet but also fish with 4 generatons of any family.
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][blue]Ergo ipso wacko. The end results are the same, regardless of convoluted logic.[/blue]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After your visit to Saguaro lake, the whole Butcher Jones Cove is a toxic waste site. Even that big catfish you lost was seen begging a shore angler to take him out of the water so that he did not have to suffer such a paiful demise.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anyhooters. Glad you guys got to "hook up". Too bad the finny ones declined to play. That's why they call it fishing and not harvesting. Always a good reason to come back and do it again.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
no just 3 gens [url "http://javascript:%20addTag('cool')/"][cool][/url] and i musta mispoke [url "javascript: addTag('shocked')"][shocked][/url] never met tubedudes parents

sm
[signature]
yep we'll have to try it again sometime!

I guess now that the butcher jones area is so polluted, you'll have to move! Oh yah, you are! Oh No o o o I did it again! [url "javascript: addTag('shocked')"][shocked][/url]

sm
[signature]
Hey Powermaker.
Now that we have everyones attention, and that I'm no longer feeling hurt by the situation. Let's let everyone know who caught the most fish.

It was TubeNtoo!! My son went to play clean up for us older guys. Everywhere we went through with our thumps and tippy taps on the line, little Tubie came through to pick up some of the fish that were recovering from their hangovers.

We saw his bluegill that he caught and he was almost ashamed to tell me that he caught some of the LMB that were only 2-3lbs.

I'm glad that he has learned the sportsmanship of it all though. He said, "Dad. They were keeper size but why keep them in the first place? They need to grow into world record size to keep."
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Truth be told, those pouches on TubeNtoo's tube were awfully big. They looked about the same size as, let's say a 3lb LMB. He did have plenty of opportunity to pull them out and put a hook in thier mouths and pretend to just catch them. In theory this all sounds fine and dandy, except we weren't there to see them. That's the part I haven't figured out yet, but I'm working on it.
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David
[signature]
I need to find a way to get back out there this week. They have the freeway partially shut down in the area of the 5 and 14 fwy. I might just need to go West and hit something near Santa Barbara.

My son was able to point out some of the characteristics associated with the LMB in that lake. He didn't want to keep them because they were only 12 and 13 inches.

Towards the end of August the big boys come out to play more. There will be lots more Bluegills for them to feed on as well. Maybe you guys can come back out around that time. I will probably be there alot in August as well.
[signature]