Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dang it at piveview.
Well, fish long enough, and its going to happen to you. Fish often enough, and its probably going to happen more regualrly.

What is it? Fish mortality. Fish so agressive they take a bait so deep that theres no hope.

Unfortunatley this happened to me today.

I was enjoying a very friutful day, catching some very nice size smallies, and then one took it deep.

I cut the line, and tried to release the fish with the lure inside it, but the fish just tailed a bit, then floated belly up. I uprighted the fish, held it there for a bit, released it, then it tailed a bit, and floated belly up.

Thats a dead fish right there.

So, I measured it, and since it was over the 15 inch minimum, I figured dinner was appropriate. Oh, big thanks to BLM, I called him top get some instruction on cooking fish since I have no expirience in this area. And it paid off since I was extremely mixed up on what I thought I should do.

But I got set straight, and cooked her up.

Dang near forgot to retrieve my lure from its stomach. I tell you what, thats a joke. How in the world you find anything in all that is beyond me.

Anyways, it was still a great day, got some real nice fish. I talked to a guy who had a smallie over 3 lbs today.

I got maybee 35 fish in the 3.5 hours I was on the water.

Tons of skiiers out there today.

Heres a pic of the ultra dead fish I killed. Shame on me. I laid it next to a rod to get the sizing accurate. Thats what you get when you fish alone. crappy pics. [center][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0165289.jpg][/center] [center]Dang that sucks! [/center] [center]Thanks again to BLM for turning a crappy event into one that was enjoyed by myself, my wife, and my kids, they loved it dude. It was really good.[/center]
[signature]
[#804000][size 2]You Heathen Badger!!! How could you kill one of your....@#$#^#^&*([url "mailto:^@@$$%$%"]^@@$$%$%[/url]. You are killing me!!![/size][/#804000]
[signature]
I know how that feels it happened to me last month. Strange the coloring kind of looks like a largemouth, lol. Where on Pineview did you fish? Looks like the bigger fish are starting to get active. Here he is now [shocked]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5588;][/center] [center] [/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](photo edited to 400 pixels wide for posting. BLM)[/size][/font][/center]
[signature]
I know dude, I know.

We had a moment of silence on the water, shed some tears, and fished on.

You can blame it on those dang lures. They work too stinking good.

I need to find a bait they dont want to eat so readily. Yeah right.
[signature]
This week I have been fishing just about everywhere except the narrows, otherwise known as the dam arm.

north, south fork, middle fork bays.
[signature]
Have you tried the narrows lately? I'm wondering if it's still the same in there with tons of dinks. I guess I better head out there soon and see for myself. I never fished anywhere else on Pineview except the narrows. Would be a nice change to try new areas also. Thanks for the info Predator.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Heck, I felt just like Tyler Florence of "Food 911" on the Food network! HA! Glad your family liked it. You may get more requests from the family now! See, you're slow coverting. In no time at all you'll be just like Old Coot and eat anything with fins! LOL! [/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 3]LMAO. [Wink][Wink][Wink][/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like a great day at Pineview. I fished DC for a couple of hours today and all I got were rats! Had one very large something on, but it wraped around the troll motor and I got cut off. Messed around with it for about 2 mins too, just couldn't make enough headway to get it in. Kinda felt like a big Eye, but I will never know. Nails
[signature]
He's not a bad fish...too bad you had to give him a gastrectomy with your lure! At least he didn't go to waste.
[signature]
Hey, thanks for editing that picture BLM. Unfortanately I don't have the software to do it.[Sad]
[signature]
Hustler - Here is a link for freeware for resizing pics. Click on the products tab and scroll down to - A Square Image. Its easy to use and best of all its free. I use it all the time. Its not very fancy but it works fine for e-mail pics or forum pics.

[url "http://www.trivista.com/"]http://www.trivista.com/[/url]
[signature]
You can also just use the program called "Paint" the comes free and automatically with windows. All you have to do is click "Image", then "Stretch/Skew". Then just enter in a number (ex. 50 for 50% the size of original) in each field for vertical and horizontal. Make sure to enter the same number in each or you will stretch the picture wide or tall.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5652;]
EDIT: There, I've fixed it to avoid the irony and further ridicule. ;-)
[signature]
if you know how to resize a picture, why is your screenshot wider than the prescribed 400 pixels wide?

[url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]

sm
[signature]
Busted. ya got me there. This time it was just laziness.
[signature]
thats alright, diaper duty will do that to ya!

[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]

sm
[signature]
On a side note, ever since the upgrade (today but not last friday), I can't add smilies to my posts anymore! If I click on one nothing happens. annoying
[signature]
they're working on it as we speak, in the meantime just right click on the Smiley, copy, then paste where you want it inserted . .

[url "javascript: addTag('shocked')"][shocked][/url]

sm
[signature]
thanks[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]