Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is that part called
What is the seal called that goes between the transom and the outdrive on a boat? Has anyone replaced one of those lately, how much do they cost, and was it hard to do?
[signature]
You ought to drop Danzilla a PM. He is the boat master around here.
[signature]
Sounds like an inboard/outboard setup. I did one of those a few years ago. Is it the large rubber gasket that seals the the "hole" so water doesn't get in? If I remember corectly it wasn't hard just takes some time and patience. The part is a bit pricey.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]E-mail Lee's Marine. Lee is happy to answer any questions you may have and is very helpful. Shoot him an e-mail and I'm sure he will get you on your way. There's a link at the top of the page to get you to his website. Here's his e-mail if you need it.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font] [center][url "mailto:leesmarine@yahoo.com"]leesmarine@yahoo.com[/url][/center]
[signature]
My neighbor has an IO and I helped him replace his... ( they take on alot of water real fast when they blow out all at once).
if I remember right they are about $120 and they go in farly quickly.
My neighbor and I was anchored on scofield when his blew out and we started sinking FAST. he has a 26' cuddy and we almost had the engine submerged. it started and when we took off acrossed the water the water that was in the boat got sucked out pretty quickly so as long as we stayed moving it was ok. we made a quick stop so I could jump out and get the trailor in the water and retrieve him but it could have been alot worse.
DZ
[signature]