Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New sticker that is needed on your boat this year
I just got back from Willard where I was checked by the DWR when I brought my boat out of the water. He said that there is a new sticker that must be on your boat to use it in any Utah waters. It looks like from now on, the month you license your boat will be the date for the new sticker, just like your car. I guess some counties have already started giving out this stickers but when I registered my boat in Weber country they knew nothing about it. I guess I'll have to go down tomorrow and get one before they give me a ticket. WH2
[signature]
They have done the same thing with ATV's and Snowmobiles this year. I got my number sticker with my registration renewal this year. I'm surprised Weber County didn't know about the switch. At least he let you off with a warning.
[signature]
I live in Weber county and registered my boat and atv on-line through renewal express and they sent me the new month stickers along with the registration. Sounds like maybe the right hand isn't talking to the left. Figures, government organization, right? Glad to hear he/she didn't ticket you..
[signature]
I was too late to mail my renewal so I went down to the drive up window, I ask the lady about the new sticker but she knew nothing about it. Maybe this lady just had not heard the latest change. I guess this new sticker is a good thing but I wish they would get their s*** together before making these changes. WH2
[signature]
No kiddin, I hear ya. Before they make the changes, wouldn't it make sense to get every employee on the same page? It should be a requirement to keep their jobs. At least you didn't get hit with the ticket. So I guess all is well that ends well, eh?
[signature]
Yeah, it's a big ugly white sticker with a black number on it. I sure hated putting it on my ATV, but had to do it.
[signature]
Just what I need, another sticker on my boat and ATV, I wonder why they can't make the sticker smaller, like the ones we use on our cars. The DWR guy that talked to me said they would be checking the rest of this year but would not start giving tickets until next year. So at least they are giving some advance warning before issuing tickets. WH2
[signature]
I believe the reason for the size is so they can spot them from a distance. There are far fewer people enforcing boat and ATV laws, than car registrations. In a car, they just pull up behind you at a stoplight and you are caught. With a boat or ATV, they are often spotting with their binoculars from their truck or a boat.
I guess I don't mind them enforcing those laws (except for the ugly sticker) as long as they are there to enforce other laws like the wakeless zones around other boats and people.....but that is a whole other topic hashed and rehashed on here.
Conclusion - Some people are just idiot. Let's break out the paintball guns!
[signature]