Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogers Lake report
Heres a report from CT.BOB:Had a great day yesterday until the ride home. Stayed local and went to Rogers, was on the water @ 5:20. There was some kind of tourney because the parking lot was 1/2 full with bass boats. I almost turned around and left but they were all in the water and gone. Went directly across the channel to the other side. There were already guys fishing where I had planned so I fished just south of them. Landed four fish in the first hour including a 17" LM. "Watch, he's going to throw it back in" Caught 1- 11", 1-12", 3-13", 2- 14", 1-15", 2-16" and that 17". All on white senkos, green craws and red lizards. Lost at least three with bad hooks sets. Tried spinners and Lucky but no hits. Got dry after 10:30, only lost ones. The bass guys, probably 15/20 boats, left @ 1:00 and I left at 1:30. They were weighing in when I got off. A guy who I talked to on the water was fishing Buzz baits through the pads, unreal what he was going through. He said he was having a great day and the bite was picking up for him. Nothing first thing. Just the opposite for me. That was about 11:30 or so. I saw him at the ramp on the way in at 1:30. He show me the fish he caught and he won the tourney with a 4 LB 15 oz LM. Nice fish. Watched as they were putting them back in as I was trailering the boat.On the way home on RT. 95 I heard something strange and saw a piece of what I thought was a tire. I pulled over and didn't see anything but never I left the truck, bad place to pull over. Got off at Rt. 81 and went into the library. Didn't feel good and had to look at everything. The right trailer tire had blown off the center section and taken part of the fender off and bent the bracket holding it. Tire was still full of air. Good thing that I had stopped. I was doing about 65 mph when it happened. Changed the tire and had a cold beer, still a great day, 11 total. Got to fish first thing. That's this week, last week it was 1:00 PM when I caught that lunker in hot sunny, clear weather. Someday I figure it out but until then who cares. Bob
[signature]