Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek Saturday
I went to Soldier Creek Saturday It was not as good as I have seen it we caught about a dozen fish (1) Bow & the rest Cuts about half in the slot. Fish caught on downriggers from 25 to 30 feet deep with various spoons.

Where are the kokanee at Strawberry & Soldier Creek I have never caught any but would like to.
[signature]
I think the Kokes must live in some deep dark cave up there, and they only come out in the fall to spawn! I've only heard of hit and miss koke action up there. Even the guys at the marina can't tell you where they will be hanging out.
[signature]
Whats funny about the berry is, theres a good population of kokanee in there, but its a small, and very hushed community of anglers who can catch them regularly.
Most guys accident into them ice fishing, or trolling cutts with thier riggers.
But if you go to the indian creek, or strawberry visitor center during the spawn, you will see not only lots of fish, but some very very nice sized ones. And you have to figure that theres tons more out there in the lake still.
[signature]
I use to hook the kokes up there a lot but haven't had a running boat for the last 5 years . I would say try fishing off Haws point in water 45' to 65' deep .I used leaded line and would be out 4 to 6 colors this time of year with wedding rings and needle fish behind pop gear or dodgers with rubber snubber . Sometimes they will stack up some in front of the main marina but can be hard to fish with all the boats cruising by . Need to fish slow . I think I was only going with the wind or about 1.5 mph . By August I never could find them much but closer to the spawn they can be caught with aggressive jigging on bright colors . I didn't have much of a fish finder (Fishing buddyII) either and still caught fish . If you add worm to your rig it will get the cutts , so try it without bait . Pink or Chartreuse is the colors to try . Somedays they will only go for one color . If you have a GPS , mark the spot you hooked one and get back to that spot . Best of luck
[signature]