Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
homemade blinds
i'm thinkin about makin me a duck/geese blind. I need to find some kind of diagram to go by to build one.
[signature]
When making duck blinds remeber the fly fishing rule, "match the hatch"

this will aid you in matching your suroundings. it is most important to blend in.

you can make ground hole type with trap doors you can pop out of, you can make floating verieties for your canoe. standing modles from waters edge and even corn feilds.

your duck blinds will be even more so detailed than a deer blind. ducks have vary sharp eye site you need to be both covered from above and all sides since ducks and geese fly over top and then circle before landing. (depending on the area)

the materials you use will depend mostly on the terain, so before any one can point you in to the right direction you need to let us know what type of gound you will be hunting...
[signature]
Try taking chicken wire , and weave the vegatation that you'll be hunting , through the wire . You can make it big as you want , and with a top !! It also works for big game too !!

[signature]
i'm going to geese hunt crop fields probaly soybeans, winter wheat. maybe hunt a pasture. i'd like to duck hunt but i don't have a place to so i'm just goin to goose hunt on my land.
[signature]
hunting on your own land has some tremendous advantages for hunting geese.

for one you can build perminant or semi perminate stands.

an old ice shanty with short narow but wide windows works excilent all you need do is stack bails of hay all the way around and on top. great for late winter hunts.

leantwos are also great. with ample natural cammo if front.

geese are not afraid of standing structures. they do know what a prediter is and they veiw man as a prediter. what is important is getting it up before the migration formations begin. when they start forming in the late summer early fall they will become used to seeing structure. the hard part is sneeking out there in the early morning only to find out the geese are already there....

when I lived on the farm, my favorite was the corn stalk teepee. hollow in the center room for a milk crate and lots of openings to stick my barrol out of. I could sit right in the middle of the feild and the birds would land all around me.. I had my choice. Chicken wire 2"x2"x10' and bailing wire. [indent]
you can put plastic on the 2"x2"x10' under the chicken wire if you plan to sit out there in the rain.[/indent]

dont forget to use decoys and a call, I have seen decoys made out of many materials. siloetts cut out of aluminum, cardboard painted with ruber latex, old car tiers cut and painted fancy store bought, garbage bags stuffed and spray painted.

it dosnt take much, it just has to some what resemble a goose.

for goose hunting there is no such thing as too much cammo...
[signature]